Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 12:08 PM

129 posts, read 456,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssanrb93 View Post
I have been looking for a job in Sparta or Cookeville area It is not easy.... I been looking for 3yrs now! It is hard for asingle morther to move to a town where there is no jobs M-F days. If any one knows of any please let me know asasp! thank you! the town is so pretty. The old part of town is so pretty it does need store in the bulids it would be great to be there...
A) How have you gotten by for 3 years?
B) There sure are plenty of people working M-F days...
C) Do you have marketable skills and present yourself in a way that makes someone WANT to hire you?
D) Why is M-F 9 to 5 all you can work?

How about driving a school bus, delivering papers, working at a school, working as a receptionist, working for Oreck or SunTrust or Averitt...all three of them have been adding people...how about being a crossing guard?...just some thoughts...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 12:22 PM

6 posts, read 28,073 times
Default job

For one I dont live in Sparta I want to move there and WHY m-f days I am a single mom w/2kids and dont have anyone in the area to help me w/ my kids there. I am living to sevier co. right now . I been trying to move there now 4 3yrs now. And I have put my resume out averitt, oreck, and #of other places. Any thing eles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookevilleWeatherGuy View Post
A) How have you gotten by for 3 years?
B) There sure are plenty of people working M-F days...
C) Do you have marketable skills and present yourself in a way that makes someone WANT to hire you?
D) Why is M-F 9 to 5 all you can work?

How about driving a school bus, delivering papers, working at a school, working as a receptionist, working for Oreck or SunTrust or Averitt...all three of them have been adding people...how about being a crossing guard?...just some thoughts...

Old 01-18-2008, 12:43 PM

Default Can anyone help need a job in Sparta,tn?

I am trying to find a job in Sparta or Cookeville ,Tn area Can anyone help me or know anyone that is hring in the area.... PLEASE HELP !! thank you

Old 01-18-2008, 01:49 PM

315 posts, read 1,006,158 times
Hi all, I just bought in Sparta in July, although I have not moved there yet. I am from Fl and looking to move up there in the next few years. for now it is my vacation home. I have to say the people are fantastic. I know my neighbors already and have become close to them. In Fl I never see my neighbors except in passing and only know my neighbors behind me names. I also am a single mom with a 20 yr son. I am looking to move to a place with changing seasons, plant a vegetable garden and have horses again and be the farm girl that I truly am. I love Sparta and the quaintness of the small town. If you want the city, drive 20 mins down the road to Cookeville and then come back to heaven.

Last edited by JMT; 02-22-2012 at 03:29 PM..

Old 01-18-2008, 02:11 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssanrb93 View Post
I am trying to find a job in Sparta or Cookeville ,Tn area Can anyone help me or know anyone that is hring in the area.... PLEASE HELP !! thank you
As has already been posted here, Averitt Express, Oreck, and SunTrust are always hiring. They have ads in the paper and also have web sites where you can apply. Same goes for the hospital. And last time I was in Cookeville, I think I saw a dozen help wanted signs at various restaurants and department stores.

Good luck.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:31 AM

Default thanks

I know I have put my resume out @ them places and had 1 interview @ Averitt and I have called to check on it and has never heard any thing from them yet . I have also sent my resume to Oreck too. I am sending it to SunTrust also. And some other places as well. I get the Question Why!!! would you want to leave the GATLINBURG area and come here! Well the traffic here is so unreal you have the loacls that for some reason dont know where thier going anymore and the vactions have no clue and so many of them and the red lights they put up every 2ft man its nuts. If you live here you cant enjoy anythg without everyone from where anymore......
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
As has already been posted here, Averitt Express, Oreck, and SunTrust are always hiring. They have ads in the paper and also have web sites where you can apply. Same goes for the hospital. And last time I was in Cookeville, I think I saw a dozen help wanted signs at various restaurants and department stores.

Good luck.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:32 AM

Question was hoping to find some help in sparta tn

I guess no one really gets on here as much as i thought people would. I was hoping to find some help w someone that wasd in the area of sparta tn to let me know whats going on with some jobs.. will you want any info on sevierville let me know we are getting ready to have car shows &etc. towns full in the summer ........ THATS WHY I WANT TO MOVE!!!!! lol thank to the ones that have reply to me ..

Old 02-02-2008, 10:41 AM

24,767 posts, read 28,512,977 times
Try Lycos...... Classifieds upper right on tool bar........ Knoxville....... enter Sparta Zip code..... or Cookeville Zip Code then 50 mile radius..... Work -Rent - Homes - It takes a few tries but theirs loads of information just takes time too search for what your looking for....

Old 02-07-2008, 08:05 AM

7 posts, read 19,273 times
Hello,
we are also interested in moving to sparta, tn. Can anyone comment on the bridgestone/firestone wilderness acreage on eastland road? Any good or bad information about that general area? Thanks

Old 02-08-2008, 06:04 PM

129 posts, read 456,689 times
That areas is BEAUTIFUL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville