Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 07:59 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,512,977 times

Advertisements

If your looking for a budget place the Alpine is great. Place too sleep & clean up. Make sure you download the coupon. And if you have trouble climbing stairs tell them when you make your reservation. Alpine has no elevators but many stairs too climb. Clean and quite.. just a place too sleep & shower exit ? 290 on I-40 10 minutes East from Cookeville up on the hill with beautiful mountain views.

http://www.alpinelodge.org/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 08:18 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
If your looking for a budget place the Alpine is great. Place too sleep & clean up. Make sure you download the coupon. And if you have trouble climbing stairs tell them when you make your reservation. Alpine has no elevators but many stairs too climb. Clean and quite.. just a place too sleep & shower exit ? 290 on I-40 10 minutes East from Cookeville up on the hill with beautiful mountain views.

Welcome to Alpine Lodge & Suites - Lodging in Cookeville Tennessee Motel, Inn, Hotel
I agree with this 100%. I stay at the Alpine pretty much every time I'm in Cookeville. The rates are more than reasonable (especially with the coupon) and the owners are wonderful. It's owned by a retired Austrian couple. Ask for a room overlooking Poplar Valley. Oh heck here's a pic I took one time when I stayed there (this was the view from my room):

http://www.city-data.com/forum/19540064-post5.html

It's two miles east of the Days Inn on I-40.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 07-12-2012, 08:52 PM

10 posts, read 15,707 times
You guys are great! The Alpine sounds nice, but my husband already made reservations with the Days Inn. Glad I can get to the Westside easily. I looked at some of the websites, and all I can say is.....I'm gonna be in trouble!! Lol

And I'm definitely going to Ralph's!! My mouth is watering already!!

Can't wait to come down, we leave on the 18th....less than a week!!!!!

Old 07-12-2012, 09:09 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,512,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amkm0712 View Post
You guys are great! The Alpine sounds nice, but my husband already made reservations with the Days Inn. Glad I can get to the Westside easily. I looked at some of the websites, and all I can say is.....I'm gonna be in trouble!! Lol

And I'm definitely going to Ralph's!! My mouth is watering already!!

Can't wait to come down, we leave on the 18th....less than a week!!!!!
Restaurant Row runs between Jefferson -- Willow parallel with I-40. It has every chain eatery known too man. Interstate Drive is the real name

Old 07-12-2012, 09:19 PM

869 posts, read 1,786,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
Restaurant Row runs between Jefferson -- Willow parallel with I-40. It has every chain eatery known too man. Interstate Drive is the real name
Lots of them, yes. Every one known to man, not hardly. I can name at least 10 that I would like to see here.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:26 AM

262 posts, read 522,986 times
We moved to Cookeville from Washington state 3 years ago and we love it more every day although the heat wave which just ended did test us.
The weather here is superb. Not too cold in winter (and yes, there might be a little snow) and not too hot normally in summer and the humidity is way lower than Florida or Arkansas where we have kids.
We love the four seasons and there is so much to see on day trips around here. Nashville is close enough to zip over to for shopping but we have found that most of our needs are met locally.
Housing requires a little research. There are lots of subdivisions that are not in the city but still within 5 miles of shopping.
The people of Tennessee are probably the most welcoming that you will ever find.
Good Luck

Old 07-13-2012, 04:01 PM

1,292 posts, read 5,000,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I can guarantee you that if you popped your head into any of the stores around there and explain that you're considering moving to the area, you won't want to leave.
That's for sure!

A few years ago I visited Cookeville for a few days....checking it out with the intention of moving there. Whenever I mentioned that to any of the locals you'd think they were all on the Chamber of Commerce payroll!

Having lived my entire life in Tennessee, I'm accustomed to Southern hospitality - but the folks in Cookeville took it to a whole 'nother level!

Since then some things have changed, so I may not ever live there - but I look forward to my next visit....

Old 07-13-2012, 05:16 PM

181 posts, read 692,336 times
You ought to check out some local restaurants along with your favorite chain. We like the locals better. Three that come to mind are Crawdaddy's (my favorite), Maddox Station or Char's. Crawdaddy's is on West Broad and the other two are on Spring and Washington streets very close to each other.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:15 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,836,930 times
My wife and I are in Cookeville for a week, checking out the town because we are thinking of moving here, and saw Tn Tin Man's post about Ralphs Donuts. Sitting in this hotel room reading JMT's post about butter twist donuts was maddening, so I grabbed the wife and we went there. Holy smoke, they have the best tasting donuts we have had in a long time. You're right JMT, the butter twists are more than words do justice to, and they have biggest, and best tasting bear claws we've ever seen, too. Cookeville has our votes.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:09 AM

10 posts, read 15,707 times
Well, we've had a change in plans. Instead of leaving Weds afternoon...my husband took Weds. off, so now we can leave Tues (tomorrow!) when he gets home from work, stop by my in-laws (they're watching the dog), get a good nights sleep and leave for TN in the morning Weds. That will give us more time to spend down there!!! I'm so excited!!

Ralph's donuts are on my list....my mouth is already watering!!

124c41....where are you staying...maybe we'll run into each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville