Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2015, 10:35 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,606,842 times

Advertisements

The closed Applebee's in Jackson sat disused for years...still may be. The closed Applebee's in Hendersonville became a Tilted Kilt...which I heard just closed as well. Total rebuild would suit someone better.

Speaking of Mellow Mushroom...it should go downtown to the Westside in a cool old building (which is what MM prefers...see Tuscaloosa and Chattanooga)...plenty of college and hospital traffic for their slice lunches....I'd rather not see a cookie cutter strip mall MM like in Murfreesboro and other places.

Speaking further on MM...it's only a $50K franchise fee, but lots of buy-ins...their interior design and furniture and etc.

Red Robin please...now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 05:59 PM

11 posts, read 34,496 times
Have a question about Spankies. We retired here last year and would like to find a nice place to go on Friday or Saturday nights for drinks/food. Spankies sounds like it would fit the bill, but wasn't sure if it was mostly a place for the college kids. Would an older couple (early 60's) feel out of place there, say after 10 or 11 p.m.?

Old 07-10-2015, 06:21 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
The closed Applebee's in Jackson sat disused for years...still may be. The closed Applebee's in Hendersonville became a Tilted Kilt...which I heard just closed as well. Total rebuild would suit someone better.

Speaking of Mellow Mushroom...it should go downtown to the Westside in a cool old building (which is what MM prefers...see Tuscaloosa and Chattanooga)...plenty of college and hospital traffic for their slice lunches....I'd rather not see a cookie cutter strip mall MM like in Murfreesboro and other places.

Speaking further on MM...it's only a $50K franchise fee, but lots of buy-ins...their interior design and furniture and etc.

Red Robin please...now.
I would love to see a Mellow Mushroom in downtown's Westside. Their location on Knoxville's Strip is always busy although I think it's got a pretty gaudy, suburban design to it. I know someone a few posts ago said that the building on Cedar across the street from World Foods is rumored to be demolished to make room for condos, but I think that would be a good location for a MM. I'm not sure what other building on the Westside would be large enough for a MM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSOB01 View Post
Have a question about Spankies. We retired here last year and would like to find a nice place to go on Friday or Saturday nights for drinks/food. Spankies sounds like it would fit the bill, but wasn't sure if it was mostly a place for the college kids. Would an older couple (early 60's) feel out of place there, say after 10 or 11 p.m.?
I think Spankie's fits the bill, particularly in the summer when most college students are gone. I'll also recommend Char (open til 2am), Father Tom's Pub (open til midnight), and Cooke House (open til 11pm).

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 07-10-2015, 07:37 PM

11 posts, read 34,496 times
Thanks, JMT, I appreciate the quick response! Will definitely check out all those you recommended.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSOB01 View Post
If you aren't in your twenties, after 10:00 pm...you may feel out of place....even in the summertime. A buddy of mine plays music there from time to time....starts at 10:00....too late for me...especislly with all the kiddies, and it wasn't all that many years ago that I hung out there every weekend.

Spankies is a weird place....lunch counter during lunch hours....fine restaurant for happy hour and dinner hours....but after 9:30 pm or so it transforms into a twenty-something playland. I'd go earlier.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:59 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
The closed Applebee's in Jackson sat disused for years...still may be. The closed Applebee's in Hendersonville became a Tilted Kilt...which I heard just closed as well. Total rebuild would suit someone better..
I notice that there's an Applebee's in Jackson so I assume they built a new one. I'm curious how long they waited to build the new one after closing the old one. There's still not an Applebee's in Hendersonville according to their web site.

I actually like Applebee's and hope they'll come back. I wonder if they would consider going somewhere in town besides Restaurant Row.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 07-12-2015, 05:32 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,970,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Yeah I don't know what I was thinking. I actually like the burgers and fries at Village Kitchen on 10th Street better anyway.
Just the mention of Red Robin got me and wife their yesterday Used the old excuse that Northern Tool in Murfreeboro had a good sale ... which they did . But of course we must pick-up some Popeye's chicken on the way home for the next day since it's also so far from Cookeville. I guess my regulation plan needs some fine tuning again.

Old 07-12-2015, 09:51 AM

I would bet Applebee's never returns to Cookeville; I normally like Applebee's, but quite frankly it was terrible the last time I went to Applebee's Cookeville.

I can't recall how long there was an Applebee's void in Jackson...I do know it was out of business from at least 2003 through 2005.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:10 PM

1,292 posts, read 5,000,258 times
A new Applebee's opened a few months ago in Memphis (Cordova, actually). I've been there a couple of times, and it's much better than the one that closed almost across the street several years ago. The new one is in a strip shopping center, so they apparently don't have an issue with leasing their locations.

Old 08-02-2015, 07:36 AM

New Indian fare available:

Curries Indian Kitchen offers a unique experience

The author almost implied the location, Clarion Inn, and the picture confirms its setting.

Nice website:

Curries Indian Kitchen | Delicious Indian Cusine Restaurant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville