Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 06:08 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman View Post
Bull & Thistle in Gainesboro. I've also heard very good things about it.
I love the drive from Cookeville to Gainesboro via Dodson Branch (Willow Ave). It would be a nice little trip to Gainesboro to try the Bull & Thistle.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 02:14 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,606,232 times
Bull & Thistle is like stepping into a different world once you leave the sidewalk on the square in Gainesboro, the owners dropped $1.5 million into the building (not only the restaurant); Chef Barry is on loan from Ireland...and they have 20 beers on tap....however, they have raised prices significantly since their soft launch...so bring $$$ when visiting.

Bight of the Bend is going into the old Paula's up the square in Gainesboro, local boy after his worldly travels and studies abroad is opening up a unique barbeque restaurant.

Alehouse is 21 and up; Alehouse "Burgers and Fun." Our neighbor just told us that the new Mexican place on 10th is unlike most Mexican places around town and this state...it's more West Coast than Tex Mex...haven't been able to try it yet, but I hope those neighbors are right....they are from California.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:05 AM

The two story liquor store being built on the old Goten Restaurant site will house a restaurant on its second floor. Apparently it will be Indian cuisine.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
The two story liquor store being built on the old Goten Restaurant site will house a restaurant on its second floor. Apparently it will be Indian cuisine.
Do you know if the Indian restaurant downtown is relocating to this place? Or is it a different restaurant altogether?

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 09-22-2013, 04:01 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
I guess y'all don't like Cumberland State Park, Sister's, Vegas, Lefty's, Gondola.....
Cumberland State Park must be where we kept going back to. Does it have a lake with ducks? Wonderful food for a very reasonable price.

http://www.state.tn.us/environment/p...tn/#restaurant

We ate in more than one park. Sorry I don't remember exactly which ones; but they were all good. Here is a website listing the restaurant locations. Cumberland State Park was our favorite.

http://www.tn.gov/environment/parks/...staurant.shtml

Last edited by NCN; 09-22-2013 at 04:18 PM..

Old 09-22-2013, 05:46 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,066,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Cumberland State Park must be where we kept going back to. Does it have a lake with ducks? Wonderful food for a very reasonable price.

TN State Parks: Cumberland Mountain State Park

We ate in more than one park. Sorry I don't remember exactly which ones; but they were all good. Here is a website listing the restaurant locations. Cumberland State Park was our favorite.

TN State Parks: Find A Park: Restaurants
Cumberland and Fall Creek Falls both have lakes, ducks, geese, deer, and other wildlife throughout their beautiful parks....

Old 09-22-2013, 07:18 PM

I don't know, but I would presume it is not India Palace...which has a lovely buffet.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:15 AM

Two story liquor store on Jefferson has a cigar lounge and bar on the second story: Maduro Cigar Lounge and Bar. The signage just went up the other day.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
Two story liquor store on Jefferson has a cigar lounge and bar on the second story: Maduro Cigar Lounge and Bar. The signage just went up the other day.
That sounds pretty cool. I don't smoke or drink, but I'm all in favor of new businesses that contribute something new and unique to the local scene. Thanks for keeping us updated!

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 11-23-2013, 09:44 PM

I have no idea how this one snuck in under the radar, but Jimmy John's is opening (or has already opened, I'm not sure) in Jackson Plaza. I used to eat at JJ's in Knoxville all the time. Awesome sandwiches.

Also, I noticed that the lot on Jefferson next to the 2-story liquor store (with the cigar lounge on the 2nd floor) has sold. That lot has been vacant for YEARS, like 20+ years. Any idea who bought it? I can't imagine anything other than a fast food restaurant going there.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville