Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 5,205 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to buy land in Warren or Van Buren County. (And we're from TX, not Florida, LOL!)

I came across this real estate listing today which refers to a future amusement park in Spencer. (near McMinnville)

MLS #: 887254

Type: Land
Subtype: RSLOT
Acreage: 32.23

Description:
Beautiful mtn. property near Falls Creek Falls St. Park. Over 32 ac.w/waterfall, over 1,400 ft of bluff view, property is near a planned amusement park. Upscale community with large home. Restrictions apply. A Must SEE!!!!!! Call agent when showing.

I've done some searching online and can't find anything more about it. Does anyone know any details about location of the amusement park, or when it will be built?

Just don't want to end up next door to all the noise and traffic.

Thanks!
Elizabeth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2007, 02:04 PM

16,174 posts, read 32,338,338 times
I would call the Listing Agent and ask for information on the amusement park and then hurry back here to post it

Old 11-10-2007, 02:42 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,362,267 times
The only park I see currently see is Wet Willies Water Park, Their is mention of a current "Liberty Park" which is in Nashville but it was all so listed in with Sparta - Spencer listing.?
I would see if you could contact Liberty Park on reguards too the Spencer area.....
Wet Willies Water Park
39 Mayberry St
Sparta, TN 38583

Old 11-12-2007, 01:18 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,356,956 times
I live in Van Buren County, just down the mountain a bit from Spencer and I've not heard of this. I'd like to know more too. I like living in a place that no one's ever heard of - I don't want this area to become a stinking Disney Land!!

Old 11-12-2007, 01:22 PM

13,336 posts, read 39,717,161 times
I find this amazingly impossible to believe.

BUT, there used to be a small water park in Van Buren County just outside the north entrance to Fall Creek Falls. Maybe someone is going to redevelop that into another water park or something.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:47 AM

24,768 posts, read 28,362,267 times
Talking It's a Small World after all..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
I live in Van Buren County, just down the mountain a bit from Spencer and I've not heard of this. I'd like to know more too. I like living in a place that no one's ever heard of - I don't want this area to become a stinking Disney Land!!
Just think of the tune for "It's small world after all.........................

Old 11-13-2007, 12:08 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,132,927 times
About once a year that will be a news story about a possible amusement park in Nashville (it's always referred to as a replacement for Opryland); there will be an wonderful artist's rendering in the newspaper . . . and then nothing more is ever heard of it.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:22 PM

13,336 posts, read 39,717,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
About once a year that will be a news story about a possible amusement park in Nashville (it's always referred to as a replacement for Opryland); there will be an wonderful artist's rendering in the newspaper . . . and then nothing more is ever heard of it.
I could believe that a new amusement park would be built in Nashville. But not in dinky, remote (but beautiful) Van Buren County.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:26 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,132,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I could believe that a new amusement park would be built in Nashville. But not in dinky, remote (but beautiful) Van Buren County.
The trouble is . . . it would be awfully expensive these days to buy the land in Nashville and put one in.

They just tore down Starwood Amphitheatre to turn into a housing development.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:27 PM

76 posts, read 226,529 times
Hi.. when hubby and I were visiting Tn. we were driving around with a friend of ours who moved to Franklin recently, and he mentioned that Dolly Parton is planning on building another amusement park somewhere in the area ( think we were outside of Nolensville at the time so not sure in proximity how close to where you are thinking..). Just thought I'd mention it.. That was in September of this year. I think checking with the Chamber of Commerce may also be a good idea.. just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville