Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 08:06 PM

27 posts, read 50,188 times

Advertisements

Got it and replied. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 08:07 PM
JRR

8,108 posts, read 5,556,364 times
FYI - The building restrictions for Pinnacle View are minimum of 2800 sq ft for a one story, 3000 sq ft for a 1 1/2 story and 3300 sq ft for a two story and the home exterior must be brick, stone, cement siding or stucco.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:46 AM

27 posts, read 50,188 times
LOL, that would definitely eliminate me then! I'm looking to build smaller, not bigger. Guess I'll never understand this minimum requirement of 2000+ that's become the norm now, but hey, to each his own. Thanks for the info, JRR.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:22 PM
JRR

8,108 posts, read 5,556,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx-ex View Post
LOL, that would definitely eliminate me then! I'm looking to build smaller, not bigger. Guess I'll never understand this minimum requirement of 2000+ that's become the norm now, but hey, to each his own. Thanks for the info, JRR.
Yeah, that requirement took us out of the running for buying a lot there. We are in a subdivision with a minimum of 1600 for one story and 1900 for two story. We have some houses well over 3000, but it allows for someone who doesn't want to go so big to be in the area.

We came close, when we moved here a couple of years ago, to buying a home up on Mountain Top Lane. But the house needed a a fair amount of work and was $55k more than what we paid here in Algood. So our choice was to buy move in ready or spend $55k more and immediately be pumping significant $ more into a house. We chose to be practical, though some days . . . . . .

I still keep an eye on what becomes available on the step-up, because you never know. But for now, I am satisfied to just be at the bottom looking up at the edge of the plateau.

Last edited by JRR; 02-03-2019 at 01:35 PM..

Old 07-11-2019, 10:41 AM

93 posts, read 109,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
My goodness, where on earth did you go that you saw half-crazed, sickly people looking for rides or money?? I've been all over the Upper Cumberland and have never seen anything like what you described, even in the most impoverished places like Celina, Byrdstown, Gainesboro, and Spencer. In all seriousness, I have never seen a single panhandler anywhere in the Cookeville area. Hitchhikers, yes. Panhandlers, no.
If you've never seen a panhandler in Cookeville, just go down to Walmart on S. Jefferson and you can see some occasionally, but not every day. That's pretty much where the few panhandlers go. There was also a homeless man who died in the Walmart parking lot about 3 months ago (natural causes).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville