Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2015, 07:29 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,606,842 times

Advertisements

Five Below is in one of the store fronts between the two anchor stores per the last rendering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 09:16 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
Five Below is in one of the store fronts between the two anchor stores per the last rendering.
Then I am flummoxed.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 12-13-2015, 09:33 AM

Positive news...unless someone jumped the gun way early.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:21 PM

175 posts, read 237,608 times
I think jumped the gun on purpose to gain support against the Sierra Club.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:35 AM

TDEC meets tomorrow to discuss next steps for Permits. Article in Herald-Citizen today.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:45 AM

Dr. Womack agrees with most of us:

Dr. Chuck Womack, current city council member and conservationist, agreed.
“The mitigation plan is a reasonable plan,” Womack said. “It’s really a win-win for everyone. It brings jobs in and when people come here to enjoy our natural resources or to visit the university, they will have a place to shop and eat.”

Old 12-14-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
Dr. Womack agrees with most of us:

Dr. Chuck Womack, current city council member and conservationist, agreed.
“The mitigation plan is a reasonable plan,” Womack said. “It’s really a win-win for everyone. It brings jobs in and when people come here to enjoy our natural resources or to visit the university, they will have a place to shop and eat.”
Ha You beat me to it! Browning Development is correct in saying that these wetlands have been deteriorating for years and will only continue to deteriorate as that part of town sees more construction and development. It's only inevitable. Tracy Meggs, a Sierra Club member and city engineer, agrees.

From today's article (with my added emphasis):

Tracy Meggs, engineer with the City of Cookeville’s public works department and Sierra Club member, said that she is proud of those members and associates being so dedicated to protecting valuable natural resources, such as wetlands.

“I believe that Brian Paddock and those who have signed the petition are acting with the integrity of their beliefs,” she said. “That being said, in this instance, I do not believe that the wetland that Eagle Point proposes to fill is a valuable resource in that it has been deteriorating for many years and will continue to deteriorate as development in the area increases.”

She has spoken to the design engineer who will be doing the stormwater management on site.

“I checked his references for similar projects and spoke to the developer about some greener ways to deal with the runoff,” she said. “I’m convinced that the design engineer is designing a project that will handle the volume of water that is now stores in the sinkhole retention area (it is also a wetland) and that he is providing storage for a 100-year storm, that his previous projects of this type have succeeded in meeting their design criteria.”

Meggs noted that the proposed mitigation is a good deal for the environment.

“The proposed 35 acres of unique and diverse wetlands that could be protected in perpetuity and maintained so that area with its diverse population of endangered species can flourish are a good trade for a mosquito plagued, deteriorating wetland,” she said.

The whole article:

TDEC board meets Tuesday to discuss next step in permit process | Herald Citizen

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 12-14-2015 at 12:18 PM..

Old 12-14-2015, 12:32 PM

Which leads back to...why in the world would Five Below put that sign up with this all still pending...even if only pending as a formality?

Old 12-14-2015, 12:34 PM

Put pressure on Sierra Club I'm assuming. I wish I knew!

Old 12-14-2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex123 View Post
Put pressure on Sierra Club I'm assuming. I wish I knew!
If the goal is to get public support behind this, it seems they should've put up a Publix or Ross sign instead. But who knows.

At any rate, do I understand it correctly that we have at least another 120 days before a final decision is made? Four more months??

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 12-14-2015 at 01:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville