U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2017, 07:01 PM

12,552 posts, read 35,050,425 times

Advertisements

I know it says the grand opening is scheduled for fall 2018, but I wonder if Publix will open sooner. It looks like they're working feverishly on the Publix part first. When I saw it the other day, the Publix footprint has already been leveled with footers dug.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession

Last edited by JMT; 11-14-2017 at 07:59 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 08:42 PM

918 posts, read 1,074,013 times
Looked like the pad may have been already poured as I went by Saturday afternoon.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
Looked like the pad may have been already poured as I went by Saturday afternoon.
I think that's a very good sign that Publix might open before the rest of the shopping center. I know after my experience in Kroger on Saturday afternoon (insanely crowded, nary a parking place to be found, etc.) Publix can't get here fast enough.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession

Old 11-15-2017, 09:50 AM
JRR

5,509 posts, read 3,210,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I think that's a very good sign that Publix might open before the rest of the shopping center. I know after my experience in Kroger on Saturday afternoon (insanely crowded, nary a parking place to be found, etc.) Publix can't get here fast enough.
It is going to be interesting how Kroger responds when Publix finally gets open. Last month I got so frustrated about the lack of baggers at the registers that I completed their online customer satisfaction survey with my feelings. To their credit, the store manager called me the next day and we had a talk about the situation and I mentioned how Publix is fanatical about having people available to bag your groceries and take them out to your car, if desired.

He said he would discuss this with his front end manager and ever since, there have been baggers at all the registers when we have gone in. We'll see how long that lasts

Old 11-15-2017, 11:30 AM

230 posts, read 423,792 times
Looks to me like they have the gravel pad ready for plumbing and electrical to dig their trenches and then it will be time to pour. I am sure they want to get the slab poured before cold weather sets in because once the slab is poured they can begin erecting walls. This is all based on what I saw while driving by and a little experience in plumbing construction so could be totally wrong.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:44 AM

Officials celebrate groundbreaking of new retail development | Herald Citizen

As far as other retail and restaurants to be announced later...we've only heard Five Guys...and new lessee Panda Express...right?

Old 11-16-2017, 06:19 AM

421 posts, read 382,441 times
Quote:
I had the same experience. I usually go to Kroger very early in the morning but recently made the mistake of arriving after 9am. Very painful and aggravating!

Old 11-16-2017, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Officials celebrate groundbreaking of new retail development | Herald Citizen

As far as other retail and restaurants to be announced later...we've only heard Five Guys...and new lessee Panda Express...right?
That's all I've heard, too. Academy Sports, Chipotle, Five Below, Five Guys, PetSmart, Panda Express, Publix, Ross, Shoe Carnival, and Ulta. Those "in the know" say more announcements are forthcoming, but so far those are the only ones with contracts. Laura Militana with the H-C said that Panda Express will be in one of the outparcels. I'd love to know what other retailers and restaurants are coming. I wonder if Moe's will be one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumeby View Post
I had the same experience. I usually go to Kroger very early in the morning but recently made the mistake of arriving after 9am. Very painful and aggravating!
I've tried branching out to other grocery stores and have noticed that they're all getting crowded, or at least they're all busier than I've ever seen them. Publix will be a welcomed addition.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession

Old 11-16-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
H-C said that Panda Express will be in one of the outparcels. I'd love to know what other retailers and restaurants are coming. I wonder if Moe's will be one of them.
I'm hoping the outparcels contain multiple store units....prime location and acreage to be wasted on a Panda Express...their footprint shouldn't be large enough to take up the entire outparcel...or so I think.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
I'm hoping the outparcels contain multiple store units....prime location and acreage to be wasted on a Panda Express...their footprint shouldn't be large enough to take up the entire outparcel...or so I think.
I agree. Maybe it'll be like one of the outparcels in front of 100 Oaks in Nashville, where Panda Express and Panera share a building--coincidentally, right in front of a Ross.
Attached Thumbnails
Shoppes at Eagle Pointe-capture.png  

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville