U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2018, 03:19 PM

230 posts, read 422,910 times

Advertisements

I am likewise amazed. I worked some construction in my career and what they are doing is very unusual.
I notice that they have started the footings and block walls for one of the out parcels also.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 08:37 AM

917 posts, read 1,070,614 times
I've witnessed one Publix go up....it took months and months and months, but Publix #1634 is going up at breakneck pace.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:07 AM

210,210 posts, read 80,789,866 times
I don't see a projected date for the new Publix other than the Publix website says opening soon. If it is as nice as the one over by Knoxville we will hit it twice a month for certain things they have in Publix brand that meet national brand names for less. 1/3 less. There is a greater selections of restaurants to make a day of shopping so at least 4 places make the trek over worth it. Not many FL Publix stores are as nice as the Turkey Creek Publix.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:20 AM

828 posts, read 1,449,499 times
Any newly built Publix should be that nice. We have 4 or 5 stores here in Charlotte near us (I worked in 1 for 8 months) and all are very nice. Cookeville one should have a Starbucks too. I was told all new construction have them now.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:45 AM

12,541 posts, read 35,001,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman View Post
Any newly built Publix should be that nice. We have 4 or 5 stores here in Charlotte near us (I worked in 1 for 8 months) and all are very nice. Cookeville one should have a Starbucks too. I was told all new construction have them now.
I hope you're right. The Starbucks on Interstate Drive is constantly packed, and often the line for the drive-thru extends out into the street.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession

Old 01-27-2018, 12:58 PM

917 posts, read 1,070,614 times
Quote:
I'm not so confident all new Publix stores will have the Starbucks kiosk or café; Publix states "select" Publix stores will have them as a pilot program, and a handful or two of new stores have them in and around Charlotte, Winston-Salem and Richmond and throughout Florida.

I am not aware of any Publix with Starbucks in Middle Tennessee, but then again I have heard that Publix plans to build only one store annually in the state...which is somewhat baffling because Cookeville and Tullahoma both will open Publix stores in 2018. But then again Middle Tennessee will be not quite saturated with stores as a few other markets remain ripe for Publix offerings; as well, Publix does not appear interested in West Tennessee.

It does appear that all new Kroger stores in Middle Tennessee have Starbucks; even Crossville added a Starbucks kiosk.

Old 01-27-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
I'm not so confident all new Publix stores will have the Starbucks kiosk or café; Publix states "select" Publix stores will have them as a pilot program, and a handful or two of new stores have them in and around Charlotte, Winston-Salem and Richmond and throughout Florida.

I am not aware of any Publix with Starbucks in Middle Tennessee, but then again I have heard that Publix plans to build only one store annually in the state...which is somewhat baffling because Cookeville and Tullahoma both will open Publix stores in 2018. But then again Middle Tennessee will be not quite saturated with stores as a few other markets remain ripe for Publix offerings; as well, Publix does not appear interested in West Tennessee.

It does appear that all new Kroger stores in Middle Tennessee have Starbucks; even Crossville added a Starbucks kiosk.

You seem to be right. A manager at my old store told me he was told they would be putting them in all new stores announced from that point forward. But maybe they were meaning only for this Publix region. That was in the fall, so it would mean stores that would be opening from about this spring on. The newest store here just opened a couple of months ago and it doesn't have one. All of the stores here in Charlotte that do have them were already open and had Starbucks added. Virginia is a new market for Publix since last summer and most stores were remodels, so it seems like they are making sure those stores all have a Starbucks. I'm in the Ballantyne store probably once a week and their Starbucks is always busy. With Cookeville only having the 1 Starbucks, I can't see any reason for Publix not to put one in there.

Old 01-27-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
With Cookeville only having the 1 Starbucks, I can't see any reason for Publix not to put one in there.
Actually, Cookeville has two Starbucks: the free-standing one on Interstate Drive and one inside the University Center at Tennessee Tech.

At any rate, Cookeville could absolutely use another Starbucks, so I hope Publix will put one in its new Cookeville store.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession

Last edited by JMT; 01-27-2018 at 04:18 PM..

Old 01-31-2018, 08:00 AM

I talked to someone at the Publix HQ in Lakeland who said the Cookeville Publix will not have a Starbucks. But she did say that the Cookeville Publix is indeed supposed to open this summer (2018).

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession

Old 01-31-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I talked to someone at the Publix HQ in Lakeland who said the Cookeville Publix will not have a Starbucks. But she did say that the Cookeville Publix is indeed supposed to open this summer (2018).

That's too bad, sorry if I got your hopes up. The managers I talked with must have only been talking about new construction in the Carolinas and Virginia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville