U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2018, 07:41 AM

12,547 posts, read 35,028,908 times

Advertisements

Six more permits were pulled last month totaling $11.415 million. It looks like the three other outparcels are about to get started:

1265 INTERSTATE DR STE 201-210 $852,600.00
1265 INTERSTATE DR STE 211-220 $768,036.00
1255 INTERSTATE DR STE 101-110 $875,046.00

and three more anchors:

1265 INTERSTATE DR STE 121 $1,914,261.00
1265 INTERSTATE DR STE 123 $5,395,566.00
1265 INTERSTATE DR STE 301 $1,609,500.00

I wish I knew which stores were which suites. Anyway, this is fun to watch.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession

Last edited by JMT; 02-09-2018 at 08:04 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2018, 08:50 AM

917 posts, read 1,072,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Six more permits were pulled last month totaling $11.415 million. It looks like the three other outparcels are about to get started:

1265 INTERSTATE DR STE 201-210 $852,600.00
1265 INTERSTATE DR STE 211-220 $768,036.00
1255 INTERSTATE DR STE 101-110 $875,046.00

and three more anchors:

1265 INTERSTATE DR STE 121 $1,914,261.00
1265 INTERSTATE DR STE 123 $5,395,566.00
1265 INTERSTATE DR STE 301 $1,609,500.00

I wish I knew which stores were which suites. Anyway, this is fun to watch.
These aren't the three outparcels, but the three remaining smaller freestanding shops, correct? I'm excited to see what happens with those huge outparcels.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
These aren't the three outparcels, but the three remaining smaller freestanding shops, correct? I'm excited to see what happens with those huge outparcels.
You're right, I meant the freestanding shops. not the outparcels. The sight plan shows only four freestanding buildings, so all of them should now be under construction. The one next to Publix was started a couple of months ago. I'll try to get by there today and get some pictures.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession

Last edited by JMT; 02-09-2018 at 10:41 AM..

Old 02-09-2018, 10:27 AM

917 posts, read 1,072,721 times
Quote:
You're right, I meant the freestanding shops. not the outparcels. The sight plan shows only four freestanding buildings, so all of them should now be under construction. The one next to Publix was started a couple of months ago. I'll try to get by there today and get some pictures.
The parcel already started backs up fairly close to Walnut; so, I would presume none of those are restaurants as they have single back doors not allowing for a ton of product loaded or even stored back there.

Last edited by JMT; 02-09-2018 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: changed "shops" to "buildings" in my post

Old 02-10-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
The parcel already started backs up fairly close to Walnut; so, I would presume none of those are restaurants as they have single back doors not allowing for a ton of product loaded or even stored back there.
Here's a picture I took yesterday of what you're talking about:

Looking at Publix and the drive-thru pharmacy window from Walnut Ave:

I took this picture from the Cheddar's parking lot:

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession

Old 02-10-2018, 10:08 AM
JRR

5,503 posts, read 3,202,570 times
Publix can't get here fast enough for me. Couldn't make it on our Thursday grocery shopping, so went to Kroger on Friday afternoon. Couldn't find a parking space so we decided to stop by in the evening after the concert at the University. Got our groceries and on the way out, I kept thinking that the total seemed high. Sure enough, I bought a head of red leaf lettuce and got charged for 14 of them. Spun the cart around and went back. Yep, it's wrong, but nothing can be done about it as the service desk is closed. So I have to slog back over today to get credit for the 13 heads of lettuce I did not buy.

Just my opinion, but I think Publix is going to eat Kroger's lunch.

Old 02-10-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Just my opinion, but I think Publix is going to eat Kroger's lunch.
I share that opinion. I was living in Atlanta when Publix came swooping into town and caught Kroger completely off guard. Publix now has something like 150 stores in the Atlanta area and is now the number 1 grocer in Atlanta. When I go to Kroger in Cookeville, I look around in amazement that they're not doing anything to get ready for the Publix invasion. It's not the workers, as I've found the Kroger employees in Cookeville to be very friendly and helpful (which is probably more a reflection of Cookeville and not Kroger). But the store is dated and crowded. Even though I've seen an increase in more "luxury" items at the Cookeville Kroger than even from a few years ago, Publix is going to clean their clock. I think Kroger's saving grace is its fuel pumps.

I tried a sub sandwich at Kroger, and it was awful. The bread had all the taste and texture of a kitchen sponge. But I will gladly park 1000 feet away and wait in line for a Publix sub. That, plus Publix's superior bakery, deli, and excellent store label products will be a rude awakening for Kroger.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession

Old 02-10-2018, 11:02 AM
JRR

5,503 posts, read 3,202,570 times
Quote:
I share that opinion. I was living in Atlanta when Publix came swooping into town and caught Kroger completely off guard. Publix now has something like 150 stores in the Atlanta area and is now the number 1 grocer in Atlanta. When I go to Kroger in Cookeville, I look around in amazement that they're not doing anything to get ready for the Publix invasion. It's not the workers, as I've found the Kroger employees in Cookeville to be very friendly and helpful (which is probably more a reflection of Cookeville and not Kroger). But the store is dated and crowded. Even though I've seen an increase in more "luxury" items at the Cookeville Kroger than even from a few years ago, Publix is going to clean their clock. I think Kroger's saving grace is its fuel pumps.

I tried a sub sandwich at Kroger, and it was awful. The bread had all the taste and texture of a kitchen sponge. But I will gladly park 1000 feet away and wait in line for a Publix sub. That, plus Publix's superior bakery, deli, and excellent store label products will be a rude awakening for Kroger.
Our regular routine in Florida was to order a Publix sub online to be ready in 45 minutes. Drive over to the store, load up the cart with our groceries, stop by the deli to pick up our sub which was waiting for us, check out and head home.

Easy, peasy, great selections of subs and all were good.

Old 02-10-2018, 12:12 PM

830 posts, read 1,451,762 times
Quote:

I never got subs at Kroger when I was there, but here, Harris Teeter, which is owned by Kroger, has pretty good subs, at good prices. Ironic, because most things there are way overpriced. Every Friday full subs are $4.99, everyday, 2 1/2 subs are $3.49 are when you buy 7.5 subs you get a free one. We have 43 credits built up for that right now, so buy 1 more full sub and were up to 3 free ones. Its walking distance for me there, so it was great for a cheap lunch when I wasn't working full time. They also use Boars Head like Publix. It's amazing having so many grocery choices, at least 7 chains within 5 miles plus a Spouts opening in April.

I'm sure Kroger is doing their planning for the Publix opening, bet they;ll start being very aggressive a few weeks before Publix opens.

Old 02-10-2018, 10:43 PM

I don't know how I missed this sign yesterday, but I snapped a picture of it this afternoon while coming out of Olive Garden.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville