U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-11-2008, 10:14 PM

24,967 posts, read 30,469,168 times
Post Cookeville School, Jere Whitson to be rebuilt on original site.

PUTNAM COUNTY -- The new Jere Whitson School will be right where the old one was, the Putnam school board decided yesterday.

And with the savings from that move and from the sale of the old Prescott Middle School site when a new middle school is built, the board plans to go ahead and also build another new elementary school as well as a new middle school on the Bullington property in south Cookeville.

Herald-Citizen Online Edition - Cookeville, TN
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 08:51 AM

78 posts, read 196,244 times
I love this kind of news as I have just completed my teaching application for Putnam County Schools. Living in California and trying to stay in the loop is challenging at times. I can't wait until we start packing the moving truck.
Thank you!
~Angela

Old 01-12-2008, 09:14 AM

I wish that I would have read the article before posting my previous reply. My heart goes out the those teachers, parents and community members that are discouraged with the decision to rebuild on the old school site. A few years back, I had to teach on a year around school year for a just few years due to growth and then be switched back to a regular school year. This only slightly helps me under how it must feel to be without a school.
I apologize if my previous post sounded self centered. It certainly did to me after I read the article fully and better understood the seriousness of the school facilities and growth challenges of Putnam County School.
~Angela

Old 01-12-2008, 12:23 PM

129 posts, read 301,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtyish View Post
I wish that I would have read the article before posting my previous reply. My heart goes out the those teachers, parents and community members that are discouraged with the decision to rebuild on the old school site. A few years back, I had to teach on a year around school year for a just few years due to growth and then be switched back to a regular school year. This only slightly helps me under how it must feel to be without a school.
I apologize if my previous post sounded self centered. It certainly did to me after I read the article fully and better understood the seriousness of the school facilities and growth challenges of Putnam County School.
~Angela
Angela...it's ok! Listen, they had their HEART set on having all this UPGRADED stuff like a K-8 school on a brand-new piece of property. They are getting a BRAND NEW school on the original property which is quite AWESOME...that satisfied the need of the community to put the school in the northern section of town near the Jere Whitson area...we'd all love to have the nicest, newest car available with all the fancy features..sometimes we have to 'settle' with just having a new car....it'll be just fine for them...and I hope some a GRATEFUL.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:08 PM

In these financial times, it is important to support growth while being fiscally sound. I am leaving a school that I helped open 10 years ago. It is very nice to have a new building, phones in our rooms, learning pods and other perks. I hope that with the new construction on the old site that the facilities include some of these features with some of the money that is saved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville