Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 09:01 AM

4 posts, read 4,363 times

Advertisements

Hi you all!

I'm coming to Cookeville as an exchange student from Finland, to study at TTU in August. Because I'm coming with my family (husband, daughter and little bicpoo dog) I'd really like to get some hints about where we should look the house/ apartments from, any ideas?

What is the best area for families? I've been looking and even mailing to some of the apartment renters, but they all seem to be meant for individual college students.

Thanks for all your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 07:42 PM

13,353 posts, read 39,959,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennih View Post
Hi you all!

I'm coming to Cookeville as an exchange student from Finland, to study at TTU in August. Because I'm coming with my family (husband, daughter and little bicpoo dog) I'd really like to get some hints about where we should look the house/ apartments from, any ideas?

What is the best area for families? I've been looking and even mailing to some of the apartment renters, but they all seem to be meant for individual college students.

Thanks for all your help!
There is housing for married students at TTU. That is probably where you should check first. That way you could walk to school.

https://www.tntech.edu/studentaffair...fe/techvillage

Do you plan on having a car? There is a public bus service in Cookeville: CATS | Cookeville Area Transit System | UCHRA

However, the bus service serves primarily the university area, some public housing neighborhoods, the hospital, and the major retail areas in town. While it's doable to live in Cookeville (or 99% of American towns) without a car, you'll probably find that you'll need a car.

Some of the apartment complexes I know of that don't target college students (although there are undoubtedly college students all over town):
Chelsea Place
Hampton Creek
Saxony
Willow Park

Good luck! Let us know if you have any other questions about Cookeville and TTU.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 04-02-2015, 03:24 PM

Thank you so much for your answer! I already sent one application to Gables, but we'll see what they'll say.

And I don't mind the students, but the rents were pretty high (e.g Eagle Landing would have been 499 per bed).. because the prices they have are for one room and we'll need 3 beds..

Thanks for the hints!

And about the car, yes we have been planning on buying one. Sure they have car retailers in Cookeville? We are flying to Nashville, so we'll have to think, if we'll buy the car straight away from there..

Old 04-02-2015, 08:43 PM

13,353 posts, read 39,959,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennih View Post
Thank you so much for your answer! I already sent one application to Gables, but we'll see what they'll say.

And I don't mind the students, but the rents were pretty high (e.g Eagle Landing would have been 499 per bed).. because the prices they have are for one room and we'll need 3 beds..

Thanks for the hints!

And about the car, yes we have been planning on buying one. Sure they have car retailers in Cookeville? We are flying to Nashville, so we'll have to think, if we'll buy the car straight away from there..
I forgot about the Gables. It's still under construction but it looks like a nice complex. It's very centrally located to shopping and restaurants. But it's good that you're planning on getting a car, you'll need one while in the U.S. There are plenty of car dealerships in Cookeville, you won't have a problem finding one.

There is a shuttle that takes you from the Nashville airport to Cookeville. In Cookeville its terminus is at the same place as the local bus service. Here's more information on the airport shuttle:

Express Bus | UCHRA | The Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency

At the bottom of that web page are phone numbers and email addresses so you can make an appointment for the bus to pick you up at the Nashville airport.

Good luck! Please feel free to ask any other questions you have about living in Cookeville or Tennessee in general.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 04-03-2015, 09:06 AM

Good to know! Thanks about the information of the shuttle, you have been very helpful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
View detailed profiles of: