Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2015, 09:16 AM

3 posts, read 2,986 times

Advertisements

Hi. Currently me and my family are residing in the most western part of Middle TN, in Stewart County. I've been here for 20 years. Recently my husband obtained a good job in Nashville, which has given us the security we need to finally do what we've been talking about doing for quite some time... Move closer to East TN!!

We have been to Rock Island in McMinnville before, and have also enjoyed a really great trip hiking through the Smoky Mountains. We LOVE all the trails, lakes, rivers, waterfalls, and other scenic and recreational areas that are available the more East you go in TN.

Currently my husband drives about an hour and a half to work, so anything even slightly less than that would still suit us just fine... My children's fathers live in Clarksville, TN which is less than an hour from Nashville, so it would be ideal for all of us to only have to drive about an hour each way to meet to exchange the kids on fridays and holidays.

We have read, heard, and seen a LOT of amazing stuff about the Cookeville area, but as it's about 80 miles from Nashville, we are looking for something within close vicinity of Cookeville, but still also about an hour or little more from Nashville.

Areas we've (vaguely) looked into are: Gordonsville, Carthage, Alexandria, Lancaster, Liberty, Smithville, Auburntown and Wood bury. Anything in or around these areas may be good choices for us based on proximity to nashville.

Could anyone give me some Pros and Cons about the mentioned areas? Or suggestions?

We would love to rent a house with 3-4 bedroom to start out with, while we get to know all the areas better, so a suggestion of where would be a good place to find secluded rental houses would be great!

What does each area offer? What don't they? We don't mind the nearest grocery store being 30 minutes away. Schools also are not an issue, as our children will be homeschooled... (If anyone has information on homeschooling groups and activities around these areas that would be great too!)

When we go to buy, we will be looking for at least 4 bedrooms, with at least 4 acres of land but not opposed to as much as 10. We prefer well water, and would absolutely love to find a place with a creek on the property if possible. Somewhere beautiful and secluded would be awesome!

Any help that anyone can provide would be much appreciated... This is my first time ever moving, and I'm finding the process a little overwhelming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 05:17 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
If schools are not an issue, then really anywhere between Cookeville and Nashville will be good. Smith County is beautiful, and Carthage, the county seat, is a quaint little town. If you want to be closer to Cookeville, Baxter is a nice little town in western Putnam County that will have you just a few minutes from Cookeville but within an hour of Nashville, at least the eastern parts of Nashville including the airport.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville