Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2015, 02:54 PM

16,181 posts, read 10,326,018 times

Advertisements

I assume many here know this story. If not you should. The owners failure to press charges simply means they will do this to someone else seeing as they've done similar in the past.

A pet owner in Cookeville, TN who had entrusted her beloved dog, Fawn, to a local dog sitter, was told that while she was on vacation her beloved dog had passed away. The owner of Best Friends Critter Sitter in Cookeville informed Deidre Cole that her pet was dead and buried, stating "I'm so sorry, but Fawn died. She died peacefully in her sleep." Since they claimed to have buried her already Cole never saw the body.
After dealing with the pain of losing her beloved pet, Cole decided to try to find a new friend for her other dog, Fern, who was heartbroken that her best friend was gone. But when Cole started combing local pet adoption websites she found something she never expected: Fawn. "I looked at the picture of this dog and I said, 'That's Fawn,'" Cole said. Putnam County Animal Control informed her that they had found the dog, badly injured, and had stitched her up and placed her for adoption. Cole rushed down to see if it was actually her treasured pet and Fawn immediately got excited and jumped up on her. "She's licking my face and she's like, 'Oh, thank God,'" Cole said.
Cole took the news more calmly than most people, saying this about the dog sitting service: "tell me the truth and apologize, that's all I'm asking," she said. "I don't want to sue her. I don't want money. I want truth."

But she still hasn't heard a word from them. After doing a little digging, Channel 4 found this old Yelp review from 2009, so clearly this isn't the first time Best Friends Critter Sitter have tried to hide the mishandling of pets left in their care. Cole says she won't be pressing charges, and that the important thing is that Fawn is home. "She's going to live happily with mommy and daddy," Cole said. "We got her chipped. We should have done it before. We'll do it to the other animals next time we're at the vet."

Supposedly Dead And Buried Dog Found Alive At Shelter - Three Million Dogs

Last edited by JMT; 05-27-2015 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: Please do not post images that are not yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville