Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 07:07 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,969,382 times

Advertisements

In a small town a little bit of crime could seem like a big deal but compared to a large metro area a small town could seem relatively crime free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 09:00 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saith View Post
JMT..... That very well could be the whole problem that bumped up the statistics of #4 crime city in Tennessee...!!! 300 Arrests at the Motel in 3 years surely would do it !!

Thank you all who have responded. VERY interesting reads from all.!!! Am still willing to hear anything anybody has to say about that place. Good or bad.
One persons good may be anothers bad. LOL.
I moved to Cumberland County a few years ago but have done most of my business in Cookeville/Putnam Co. so I dont have a lot of experience with Crossville. I do my government business in Crossville and have my gkids now who go to Cumberland Co. Schools. IMO, the city/county employees are friendlier and more helpful than those in Putnam Co. The schools need better funding, but I have had great experiences with the teachers. Shopping options are better in Cookeville. Crime seems the same as in all small towns. As I said I feel safe living in this area. Sorry, thats all I got.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:03 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,031,072 times
Crossville also does things like this that adds to their crime statistics:

37 citations issued during police saturation - Crossville Chronicle: Local News

Old 08-07-2015, 08:09 PM

8 posts, read 12,230 times
I'm starting to feel better about my decision to move to Crossville. In 3 weeks I'll be a resident there. Everyone has been so helpful with all the information and opinions.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:25 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,066,235 times
Quote:
I'm starting to feel better about my decision to move to Crossville. In 3 weeks I'll be a resident there. Everyone has been so helpful with all the information and opinions.
Moving to any new place can be a scary adventure....

Old 08-07-2015, 09:08 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,672,347 times
Have a meet up with a bunch of CDers. Instant friends and support group.

Old 08-08-2015, 07:16 AM

Bones.... I love scary adventures...!! AS long as I know I come out alive! hahahaha

Tek_Freek............ That sounds like an awesome idea!!

Does anyone know what is the BEST cell phone carrier there??? My At&t contract is almost up... so if I have to switch this is perfect timing.

Old 08-08-2015, 07:43 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,066,235 times
Quote:
Bones.... I love scary adventures...!! AS long as I know I come out alive! hahahaha

Tek_Freek............ That sounds like an awesome idea!!

Does anyone know what is the BEST cell phone carrier there??? My At&t contract is almost up... so if I have to switch this is perfect timing.
Depends on the hills and valleys....LOL. For the most part Verizon, then (AT&T which has expanded their towers).

I'll send you a DM about carriers....

Old 08-09-2015, 08:44 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,686,508 times
I lived in Crossville for three years and moved to Johnson City last year. I am from a large city in the north with a really high crime rate. For the most part the crimes that made the news were mostly minor in Crossville. I remember one murder but that was a jealous boyfriend situation and not typical for the area. Most the crime was minor drug and theft, usually home burglary. Crime in Crossville is nothing to worry about.
There are lots of folks from MI and the Detroit area.

If you plan to retire there one thing I would caution you on is the Medical Center in Crossville. It is not the best and most people don't think that highly of it. If you need good medical care I suggest you look at Cookeville. Cookeville also has a vet clinic.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:40 PM

LOL Home burglary is definitely not something I want to hear lol. But thank you for your response donsabi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville