U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2017, 04:54 PM

160 posts, read 103,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpsman View Post
I just read from the Herald Citizen that the Sears in Cookeville will be closing too.
The mayor posted this on his Facebook page as well. I'm not really sad to see it go. I was in there a few days ago and it was just awful.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2017, 08:33 AM

12,545 posts, read 35,017,729 times
George Halford, CEO of the Putnam County Chamber of Commerce, was on the radio (107.7FM) this morning on the Sunday morning realty show. While he discussed mainly things like the new Hilton conference center downtown and the upcoming Publix/Academy Sports shopping center, he also dropped hints that another big industrial development for the Highlands Business Park should be announced soon as well as smaller economic development announcements.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession

Old 11-13-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonyrich View Post
I drove by today and noticed that the land on south Jefferson just north of the Cinema-plex is moving dirt and cutting trees and preparing to have something built on it. Does anyone know what is being built?
It seems that every bare piece of land is in play this year.
My friend at city hall said they don't know what's planned there, either, as no plans have been submitted, and no permits have been pulled. I don't think that lot is big enough for another hotel, so maybe another restaurant?

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession

Last edited by JMT; 11-13-2017 at 10:49 AM..

Old 11-13-2017, 11:09 AM

230 posts, read 423,239 times
A restaurant makes sense. That is a highway frontage lot so probably be retail. Lots going on in this little town. Now hopefully they can make a few improvements in traffic flow

Old 11-17-2017, 11:09 AM

The plans for the first phrase of the new senior housing development off Buffalo Valley Road have been finalized. The 50 unit structure will be located behind Cane Creek Elementary and next to Eagles Landing apartment complex.

Board endorses new look for public housing development | Herald Citizen

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession

Old 11-24-2017, 03:22 PM

310 posts, read 340,665 times
I was driving around town today and noticed some things.

When exiting westbound I-40 at exit 290, the land immediately to the right has been cleared and the fence removed. Anything going here?

Also, further down Spring Street a sediment fence has been installed on the land to the left near that pond area, before crossing under HWY 111. I would be very surprised if something is built here, as the area is prone to flooding.

Anyone know about these areas?

Old 11-26-2017, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llsmith42 View Post
I was driving around town today and noticed some things.

When exiting westbound I-40 at exit 290, the land immediately to the right has been cleared and the fence removed. Anything going here?

Also, further down Spring Street a sediment fence has been installed on the land to the left near that pond area, before crossing under HWY 111. I would be very surprised if something is built here, as the area is prone to flooding.

Anyone know about these areas?
Yeah that area just off Spring Street next to the lake in the Windsor Hill area sure looks like it's in a flood zone, but apparently it's just above it. There are 33 townhouses going there. It'll be called Windsor Hill Island.

As for the other area you talked about, it sold about 6 weeks ago for $550,000 and is zoned General Commercial. I noticed yesterday they're carving a road into it. It's just under 50 acres. I don't know what's planned there, but it's definitely a prime location.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession

Last edited by JMT; 11-26-2017 at 07:04 AM..

Old 11-27-2017, 11:15 AM

The owners of the old housing project site on Willow/Jackson/Stevens are going before the planning commission tonight to ask that it be rezoned from Regional Commercial to General Commercial. I have no idea what that means other than I hope we'll find out after tonight what they have planned for that site.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession

Old 11-27-2017, 01:34 PM

917 posts, read 1,071,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
The owners of the old housing project site on Willow/Jackson/Stevens are going before the planning commission tonight to ask that it be rezoned from Regional Commercial to General Commercial. I have no idea what that means other than I hope we'll find out after tonight what they have planned for that site.
I believe General Commercial code places a ceiling on how much square feet of floor space you may have; whereas, Regional Commercial focuses on larger retail centers. So, this would open up the development to more of an office development type deal along with retail, but at a lesser amount of space developed.

So, once again...thanks so much Cookeville Housing Authority for not selling to the Shopping Center Group over the current owner.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:45 PM

230 posts, read 423,239 times
Driving by the property on corner of S. Maple and Neal that was considered by the City for a new Police Dept. I noticed rezoning signs posted. I believe I read here where Gaw was going to build townhouses there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville