U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2018, 12:33 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,802,618 times

Advertisements

What are the projects at TTU? I have a son in HS who will be looking there for college.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 01:06 PM

12,545 posts, read 35,017,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinestx View Post
What are the projects at TTU? I have a son in HS who will be looking there for college.
New Fitness Center

With its prominent location, the new Fitness Center is designed to be the new campus “front door” attracting prospective students while serving current students and faculty.

New Science Building

The new science building, once completed, will be the largest academic building on campus. The building will house the chemistry department and a portion of the biology department.

There will also be labs for Earth sciences, physics and environmental sciences. In keeping with the university’s master plan, the building will be located immediately north of the Capital Quad residence halls on the site of a current parking lot. It will be the key feature of a future east-west academic mall.

Roaden University Center Expansion

The project will expand the west side of the RUC, creating more than 11,500 square feet of new student lounge and dining areas on the ground and first floors. The expansion will feature both interior student lounges and covered porches. There will be stairs connecting the lounges, and a walking bridge between Centennial Plaza and the first-floor expansion will be built.

Volpe Library Expansion

A part of the first floor that was left unexcavated during original construction will be excavated in order to create more space within the building.

https://www.tntech.edu/construction

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession

Old 01-11-2018, 12:23 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,802,618 times
Great link. Thanks.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:40 PM

917 posts, read 1,071,668 times
Broast!

Broast secures storefront, sets sights on future | UCBJ - Upper Cumberland Business Journal

Old 01-16-2018, 12:38 AM

The last 7-Eleven in Tennessee closed in 1990, but they're coming back. Several are opening in Nashville, and the two former Exxon Tiger Markets in Cookeville (now called Shell Markets) are becoming 7-Elevens. At least that's what one of the Shell Market managers told me tonight. She said the transition is supposed to start later this month.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession

Old 01-16-2018, 08:08 AM
JRR

5,499 posts, read 3,197,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
The last 7-Eleven in Tennessee closed in 1990, but they're coming back. Several are opening in Nashville, and the two former Exxon Tiger Markets in Cookeville (now called Shell Markets) are becoming 7-Elevens. At least that's what one of the Shell Market managers told me tonight. She said the transition is supposed to start later this month.
Perfect timing! A few days ago I came across a 7-Eleven gift card that my wife got when she retired. I went in an looked to see where the nearest one was and came up with nothing. Now I may get to use it for some gas!

Old 01-16-2018, 08:14 AM

Heard last week that Kangaroo at Spring and Old Kentucky was changin to a 7-11...shrug it off. Great news would have been Twice Daily Markets.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
Heard last week that Kangaroo at Spring and Old Kentucky was changin to a 7-11...shrug it off. Great news would have been Twice Daily Markets.
I wish Twice Daily would come to Cookeville, too. Their only location in the region is in Livingston (?!).

Anyway, there was interesting news in today's paper. Property owners at the SE corner of I-40 and Hwy 111 have requested that their 250 acres be annexed into the city because it's being considered for an "industrial prospect." Any idea what the prospect is? The Academy distribution center, at 1.7 million square feet, sits on just under 250 acres, so this has the potential to be something big.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession

Old 01-23-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
So the store affected would be the Tiger Markets at S. Jefferson and Dubois Rd; and Hey 70 at Pippin Rd then correct?

Old 01-23-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
So the store affected would be the Tiger Markets at S. Jefferson and Dubois Rd; and Hey 70 at Pippin Rd then correct?
That's what I've heard. And the new business licenses published in the H-C a few weeks ago showed that those two stores are now owned by the 7-Eleven Corp.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession

Last edited by JMT; 01-23-2018 at 10:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville