U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2018, 07:42 PM

64 posts, read 58,229 times

Advertisements

In the last few days some construction trailers have been moved onsite at the development at the Baxter crossroads. I guess they are about to finally get started on that one.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 01:02 PM

12,545 posts, read 35,013,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
I was told that there may be another ECD announcement coming in March related to an employer entry/expansion in the area. My guess would be, from what little information I received, that it would be a manufacturing concern perhaps going to the Highland Business Park.
The mayor has posted on his Facebook page that there will be a major announcement tomorrow morning about a new company ("Project Orlando") bringing hundreds of jobs to Highlands Business Park. I imagine this is what you were referring to?

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession

Old 04-16-2018, 01:40 PM

917 posts, read 1,071,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
The mayor has posted on his Facebook page that there will be a major announcement tomorrow morning about a new company ("Project Orlando") bringing hundreds of jobs to Highlands Business Park. I imagine this is what you were referring to?
Later than initially projected, but it is good news.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:13 PM

I've seen signs in people's yards along Buffalo Valley Road between Cookeville and Baxter saying "No to Stockyards" or something like that, so I guess that's where the stockyard is planning on going after it auctions off its prime South Jefferson location. It'll be interesting to see who bids on it and for how much. The property is currently assessed at just under $1.9 million and is about 5 acres divided into two parcels. It's interesting that the stockyards were built in 1963 when South Jefferson Ave was known as Sparta Highway and was out in the countryside surrounded by farms.

People's Stockyard to be auctioned off | Herald Citizen

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession

Last edited by JMT; 04-22-2018 at 08:45 PM..

Old 04-29-2018, 09:27 PM

160 posts, read 103,647 times
Quote:
I've seen signs in people's yards along Buffalo Valley Road between Cookeville and Baxter saying "No to Stockyards" or something like that, so I guess that's where the stockyard is planning on going after it auctions off its prime South Jefferson location. It'll be interesting to see who bids on it and for how much. The property is currently assessed at just under $1.9 million and is about 5 acres divided into two parcels. It's interesting that the stockyards were built in 1963 when South Jefferson Ave was known as Sparta Highway and was out in the countryside surrounded by farms.

People's Stockyard to be auctioned off | Herald Citizen
From what I've heard, they may be headed south out of town.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:57 AM

More info on the remodeling/expansion of Aldi. Not only will the store be larger, it'll look a lot different on the inside.

ALDI renovates and expands | Herald Citizen

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession

Old 05-02-2018, 10:52 AM

210,211 posts, read 80,817,969 times
Quote:
More info on the remodeling/expansion of Aldi. Not only will the store be larger, it'll look a lot different on the inside.

ALDI renovates and expands | Herald Citizen
That looks at least on the outside like a newer store I’ve been in in FL. I like to shop Aldi and Publix for specific staples in the same trip into town and with the Aldi remodel things are looking up in Cookeville for us.

Old 05-02-2018, 01:40 PM

917 posts, read 1,071,443 times
I imagine it will be quite similar to the expansion and renovation of Aldi in Lebanon; the result was positive.

Old 05-02-2018, 01:58 PM

210,211 posts, read 80,817,969 times
All of the newer Aldi stores I have been in have met a niche need very well. Even the first Aldi from the early 70’s offered a new concept of food markets.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:07 AM

The Algood Walmart will be the first in the Upper Cumberland to offer grocery pickup when that service begins later this month. I'm sure others will follow such as Cookeville and Crossville.

Grocery orders can be placed up to seven days in advance using the free Walmart Grocery app. Once the grocery list is complete, the customer then chooses a location and a preferred pickup time. Free same-day pickup is available on orders placed before 1 p.m. and Walmart promises personal shoppers will choose only the freshest items, “or your money back.”

Grocery pickup coming to Algood Walmart | UCBJ - Upper Cumberland Business Journal

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville