Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2018, 07:30 AM

13,354 posts, read 39,963,688 times

Advertisements

Bubba Gandy Seafood Cajun Market is opening soon on South Lowe Ave in the Fountain Court center (behind Aldi). Their other Tennessee locations are in Columbia, Jackson, and Murfreesboro. According to their Facebook page, they specialize in "Fresh Gulf Seafood and Cajun Favorites like....Grouper, Snapper, Yellow Fin Tuna, Sea Bass, Flounder, Wild Caught Salmon, Gulf Shrimp, Shell Oysters, Shucked Oysters, Clams Sea Scallops, Crabs, Crawfish (in Season), Gumbo, Etouffee, Crab Soup, Lobster Bisque, Boudin, Gator Sausage, Gator Meat, Frog, Crawfish Pies, Lobster, Snow Crabs, King Crabs and more!"

https://www.facebook.com/Bubba-Gandy...5667680211499/

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 10:51 AM

162 posts, read 178,250 times
Tentative opening date is October 26th according to Randy Porter, Putnam county executive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Bubba Gandy Seafood Cajun Market is opening soon on South Lowe Ave in the Fountain Court center (behind Aldi). Their other Tennessee locations are in Columbia, Jackson, and Murfreesboro. According to their Facebook page, they specialize in "Fresh Gulf Seafood and Cajun Favorites like....Grouper, Snapper, Yellow Fin Tuna, Sea Bass, Flounder, Wild Caught Salmon, Gulf Shrimp, Shell Oysters, Shucked Oysters, Clams Sea Scallops, Crabs, Crawfish (in Season), Gumbo, Etouffee, Crab Soup, Lobster Bisque, Boudin, Gator Sausage, Gator Meat, Frog, Crawfish Pies, Lobster, Snow Crabs, King Crabs and more!"

https://www.facebook.com/Bubba-Gandy...5667680211499/

Old 09-03-2018, 08:57 PM

320 posts, read 541,047 times
I noticed on Indeed.com that Texas Roadhouse is for a Cookeville location! The is one of my favorites. Could this be headed for the Shoppes at Eagle Point?

there was also a job advertisement for a company called Urban Organics. I would be interested in finding out more about that...

Old 09-04-2018, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llsmith42 View Post
I noticed on Indeed.com that Texas Roadhouse is for a Cookeville location! The is one of my favorites. Could this be headed for the Shoppes at Eagle Point?

there was also a job advertisement for a company called Urban Organics. I would be interested in finding out more about that...
Thanks for posting all that! Interesting stuff. I know there were rumors that Texas Roadhouse was going to go in behind the Clarion Inn (now Quality Inn) but I just can't imagine that happening anytime soon. It does seem much more likely that it'll be at Eagle Point in one of the outparcels. Or maybe on Interstate Drive in one of the few empty lots left near Eagle Point, next to Olive Garden or Starbucks.

I'd never heard of Urban Organics. It looks like it's an organic vegan cosmetics company, but I don't see any brick and mortar locations for them, just an online store. Who knows though. Sounds like something ripe for downtown.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 09-04-2018, 04:37 AM

303 posts, read 295,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Thanks for posting all that! Interesting stuff. I know there were rumors that Texas Roadhouse was going to go in behind the Clarion Inn (now Quality Inn) but I just can't imagine that happening anytime soon. It does seem much more likely that it'll be at Eagle Point in one of the outparcels. Or maybe on Interstate Drive in one of the few empty lots left near Eagle Point, next to Olive Garden or Starbucks.

I'd never heard of Urban Organics. It looks like it's an organic vegan cosmetics company, but I don't see any brick and mortar locations for them, just an online store. Who knows though. Sounds like something ripe for downtown.

When I drove down Interstate Dr. last week, there were a couple guys with survey equipment on the lot next to Starbucks. I'm curious if Texas Roadhouse or something else is coming.

Old 09-04-2018, 05:43 AM

Yeah, I guess I was responsible for that rumor, but it wasn’t hearsay. My wife worked closely with the former manager of the (former) Clarion Inn and he told her they had inquire about the space occupied by their back building. But with that now being renovated, I think it’s safe to say it won’t be there after all. Strange location anyway.

Last edited by JMT; 09-04-2018 at 03:15 PM.. Reason: Question moved to Eagle Point thread.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llsmith42 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by justindb29 View Post
When I drove down Interstate Dr. last week, there were a couple guys with survey equipment on the lot next to Starbucks. I'm curious if Texas Roadhouse or something else is coming.
I asked a friend of mine at city hall about this last night. He confirmed that Texas Roadhouse is coming to town, but he wouldn't say where because Texas Roadhouse is still working out the details. When I asked if it was going in next to Starbucks, he winked and said he wasn't at liberty to say.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 09-05-2018, 06:30 AM

I would be happy with it anywhere, but I’m glad it will (probably) be a bit further removed from Eagle Pointe. It will be busy enough as it is!

Old 09-05-2018, 08:46 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
At this point it is a rumor to me but I was told yesterday by a manager of Hooters that the chain is looking at two locations in Cookeville a restaurant.

Old 09-06-2018, 04:49 AM

303 posts, read 295,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
At this point it is a rumor to me but I was told yesterday by a manager of Hooters that the chain is looking at two locations in Cookeville a restaurant.

Good luck with that. I've eaten there once and the food was blah. I don't see that lasting too long here, but maybe it would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville