U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-11-2015, 11:46 AM
 
Location: Indian Trail, NC
828 posts, read 1,449,499 times
Reputation: 608

Advertisements

What is being built next to the Fairfield Inn, across from Sam's Club? Just clearing the land now and staking it out. Looks a bit small for another hotel, but it could be.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-11-2015, 01:49 PM
 
12,541 posts, read 35,001,817 times
Reputation: 9651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman View Post
What is being built next to the Fairfield Inn, across from Sam's Club? Just clearing the land now and staking it out. Looks a bit small for another hotel, but it could be.
I just drove by there and see what you mean. It looks too small to be a hotel but too big to be a restaurant.

Does anyone know what's being done to the tire store next to Arby's on Jefferson? It doesn't look like it's going to remain a tire store.
__________________


IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2015, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Indian Trail, NC
828 posts, read 1,449,499 times
Reputation: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I just drove by there and see what you mean. It looks too small to be a hotel but too big to be a restaurant.

Does anyone know what's being done to the tire store next to Arby's on Jefferson? It doesn't look like it's going to remain a tire store.
We were talking about it this morning and thought, if it is going to be a restaurant, it would need to be a destination place due to that location. However, I did see an ad, dated 10/10, for Applebee's, for a General Manager for Cookeville on Indeed.com. Either , they put an old ad in by mistake, or Applebee's plans on coming back.

The old tire store looks to be another strip mall.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2015, 08:03 PM
 
5,113 posts, read 5,262,878 times
Reputation: 1741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman View Post
What is being built next to the Fairfield Inn, across from Sam's Club? Just clearing the land now and staking it out. Looks a bit small for another hotel, but it could be.
I'm not sure if it's relevant but I was at Sam's club last week and saw a small unmarked helicopter take off from that location which I thought was odd. At first I thought the chopper was related to the emergency care center nearby but as it took off I noticed it was too small to be a medical transport.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2015, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Indian Trail, NC
828 posts, read 1,449,499 times
Reputation: 608
Had to go into Sam's again today, so I asked one of the greeters, said it's going to be another Marriott branded hotel. So, my guess would be a Courtyard, but it could. be a Residence Inn too .

I've seen a lot of helicopters take off from over there, especially State Police helicopters.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2015, 01:53 PM
 
12,541 posts, read 35,001,817 times
Reputation: 9651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman View Post
Had to go into Sam's again today, so I asked one of the greeters, said it's going to be another Marriott branded hotel. So, my guess would be a Courtyard, but it could. be a Residence Inn too .

I've seen a lot of helicopters take off from over there, especially State Police helicopters.
A Courtyard would be welcomed. So would a Residence Inn, particularly since there aren't any extended-stay hotels in Cookeville. I know the Chamber of Commerce guy said in a recent radio interview that Cookeville desperately needs more hotels.
__________________


IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2015, 08:30 PM
 
191 posts, read 385,901 times
Reputation: 255
Boy, that lot sure likes to take on water and retain it , my advice is if you book a room at the new hotel to stay on the second floor . Meant to drive by today after the monsoon rains we had last nite but forgot.

We live fairly close by, the helicopter landings are very common, mostly State Police and some private ones also.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2015, 08:52 PM
 
Location: Indian Trail, NC
828 posts, read 1,449,499 times
Reputation: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantonscrambler View Post
Boy, that lot sure likes to take on water and retain it , my advice is if you book a room at the new hotel to stay on the second floor . Meant to drive by today after the monsoon rains we had last nite but forgot.

We live fairly close by, the helicopter landings are very common, mostly State Police and some private ones also.
I was by there about 12:30 today, no noticeable standing water. But, no equipment was working either.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2015, 09:55 PM
 
191 posts, read 385,901 times
Reputation: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman View Post
I was by there about 12:30 today, no noticeable standing water. But, no equipment was working either.

Semi retired excavating contractor here and we sure can't work effectively when the soil turns into peanut butter. And that is one soggy spot Weather sure doesn't help the deadline. But our area certainly needs more rent -a- rooms with all the growth going on. Amazing what is taking place in the local area.

Drove down Fairground St today past the old bus station, holy smokes, that new apartment house complex just keep expanding, wonder what they are getting for rent in there ?

Also noticed in the subdivision that butts up to my farm, homes are selling fast for $300-$400k. Don't know where these folks are workin' but the buyers ain't flippin' burgers, that's for sure !!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2015, 05:59 AM
 
5,113 posts, read 5,262,878 times
Reputation: 1741
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantonscrambler View Post
Semi retired excavating contractor here and we sure can't work effectively when the soil turns into peanut butter. And that is one soggy spot Weather sure doesn't help the deadline. But our area certainly needs more rent -a- rooms with all the growth going on. Amazing what is taking place in the local area.

Drove down Fairground St today past the old bus station, holy smokes, that new apartment house complex just keep expanding, wonder what they are getting for rent in there ?

Also noticed in the subdivision that butts up to my farm, homes are selling fast for $300-$400k. Don't know where these folks are workin' but the buyers ain't flippin' burgers, that's for sure !!
Could be retired people buying the homes after selling their more expensive homes in a bigger city. In some high income areas a $300-$400k home is non-existent or a old and small fixer in the bad part of town.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top