Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 11:57 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Supermarket Publix coming to Crossville would be hot speculation. The supermarket proposed matches up with a Publix prototype.
Publix is well-known to take risks in new markets that other grocers overlook. Crossville can support Publix for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 06:24 AM

320 posts, read 540,534 times
I agree. Some locals would shop there, undoubtedly, but the large number of people who have retired or relocated from Florida and elsewhere, would frequent the store. I know of many people who are already travelling to the Publix locations in Cookeville and Farragut.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:10 PM

According to the TN assessment website, Rural King purchased the property formerly occupied by KMart back in June. No word on when this will open, but this will be a welcomed addition to the area. TSC must be aware of this also because they have expanded their store recently. I wonder if they plan to open a store in Cookeville also?

https://www.assessment.cot.tn.gov/RE...rcelListI.aspx

Old 12-05-2018, 02:54 PM

An investor’s group has shown interest in re-developing the former Inn of the Cumberlands near the Cumberland County Playhouse into a home for veterans and a drug rehabilitation center. The inn was abandoned a few years back and has endured much damage as it has become a host site for drug use and other criminal activity. Because of this, the city council has taken bids for demolition of the site. The city council is set to vote on whether or not to demolish the site, or allow the investors group more time to consider the redevelopment of the site. Either way, this would be a win for the community.

Old 01-15-2019, 01:04 PM

42 posts, read 43,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llsmith42 View Post
Workout Anytime recently opened in the newly-renovated Cumberland Plaza shopping Center. It appears to be a big hit. A 24/7 gym with no monthly contract and low fees was sorely needed in Crossville. With as busy as this place is, I feel like the area could easily support another business of this type (Planet Fitness, Anytime Fitness, etc.).

Planet fitness has opened in the Kroger shopping center.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:30 AM

1,323 posts, read 4,699,820 times
Quote:
According to the TN assessment website, Rural King purchased the property formerly occupied by KMart back in June. No word on when this will open, but this will be a welcomed addition to the area. TSC must be aware of this also because they have expanded their store recently. I wonder if they plan to open a store in Cookeville also?

https://www.assessment.cot.tn.gov/RE...rcelListI.aspx
This is good news. I visited a Rural King store in Clarksville recently and found they offer much more than Lowe's. I hope they open a store on the old K-Mart site this year.

Old 01-18-2019, 06:37 AM

The Crossville location of Rite-Aid will be closing on March 1st. Since being purchased by Walgreens, I expected this location wouldn't last long as it is directly across from the Crossville Walgreens location.

My question is - What type of businesses could occupy this store? My biggest hope is for an Aldi to come in. I believe the location/traffic count is nearly as good as they could get in Crossville and the square footage is adequate. I'm not sure if there would be enough parking, currently though. Even if they demolished the store and rebuilt on that location, that would be awesome.

My other question is - how long until another Walgreens location is built? There is only 1 location right now for all of Cumberland County and it is very busy. I wonder if they (or CVS) will build a store near Fairfield Glade soon?

Old 01-31-2019, 07:35 PM

Food City in Crossville is currently undergoing a remodel and expansion. They will be expanding the store to the right side and relocating the deli area to the new part then adding a drive thru for the pharmacy on the left side.

This is much needed, regardless, but I wonder if the proposed Publix store and recent Kroger renovations madethis more issue pressing. Perhaps they know something I don’t...

Also, merely rumors I have seen on Facebook, but some people who were shopping at Ulta and Five Below in Cookeville claim that management of both stores have told them each company plans to open Crossville locations in the future... who knows...

Old 02-03-2019, 10:40 AM

5,970 posts, read 3,715,754 times
Quote:
Also, merely rumors I have seen on Facebook, but some people who were shopping at Ulta and Five Below in Cookeville claim that management of both stores have told them each company plans to open Crossville locations in the future... who knows...
Care to tell us what type stores Ulta and Five Below are? I'm guessing it's probably nothing I'd be interested in, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:59 AM

1,285 posts, read 2,356,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Care to tell us what type stores Ulta and Five Below are? I'm guessing it's probably nothing I'd be interested in, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Ulta is cosmetics and skin care. Five Below is a variety store (think Dollar Tree but with bigger things) where everything is $5 or less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville