Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 09:29 AM

117 posts, read 447,475 times

Advertisements

No, when I move to Tn the wife and I will be retired. She's a teacher and will have 33 years with the county when she hits 62 in a couple of years.

As I re-read my post I guess some of it sounds a little snotty.....didn't really mean for it to. Well, not all of it anyway.

I know there are a few unreasonable drivers everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 01:50 PM

710 posts, read 1,961,013 times
I don't believe it's against county rules here, and kids are allowed to have phones and MP3 players at school if they don't use them, so it's not that. It's not that she told them they couldn't have them on the bus, just that they couldn't listen to them (or talk on their phones, ever--big trouble over that one if she catches them). But, even though that's the case, I agreed with the principal and told them just to suck it up and obey the driver. It's just not enough of an issue to make a big deal over.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:52 PM

P.S. i didn't think your post was snotty at all. It's just not that applicable to the situation here in Cookeville. (Except for the part about how there are a few unreasonable drivers everywhere--mine was named Stanley, he drive a bus in Seminole County FL, and I was in 10th grade!)

Old 01-27-2010, 01:07 PM

17 posts, read 58,419 times
Do any of you have a probilem with your child being made to STAND on the bus because of over crowding? my child came home and told me the bus had to stop fast without warning and she almost went flying. My calls to Board of ed and school bus garage remain unanswered!

Old 01-27-2010, 01:46 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLivin View Post
Do any of you have a probilem with your child being made to STAND on the bus because of over crowding? my child came home and told me the bus had to stop fast without warning and she almost went flying. My calls to Board of ed and school bus garage remain unanswered!
Then things havent changed much. I had the same situation when I was in school during the Jurassic period. Students were 3 to a seat and often had to stand. I also had to ride second load which meant I had to wait 45 minutes after school just to get on the bus then another 45 minutes to get home. I guess thats better than my parents that had to walk 10 miles barefoot in the snow uphill both ways.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:35 PM

I would suggest that you call your school board representative about the standing. I'm really pretty darn sure that's not OK. I had no idea the buses were that crowded these days and with all of the hills we have, someone is going to get hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
View detailed profiles of: