Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2008, 01:57 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,384,349 times

Advertisements

COOKEVILLE -- Several pick-up trucks and trailers were lined up outside the former Bi Lo on West Jackson Street yesterday morning as some 270 items from inside the store were sold at auction.

http://www.herald-citizen.com/index....583A44BDEC4D04
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 07:12 AM

13,336 posts, read 39,695,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
COOKEVILLE -- Several pick-up trucks and trailers were lined up outside the former Bi Lo on West Jackson Street yesterday morning as some 270 items from inside the store were sold at auction.

http://www.herald-citizen.com/index....583A44BDEC4D04
While I'm glad the building won't be empty anymore, I'm sorry Publix isn't the one taking over the lease. Oh well.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:30 PM

25 posts, read 76,093 times
As slow as the Food Lion on Spring Street is, one has to wonder how they'll support TWO stores in Cookeville. I, too, was hoping for Publix.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:12 PM

9 posts, read 32,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMor View Post
As slow as the Food Lion on Spring Street is, one has to wonder how they'll support TWO stores in Cookeville. I, too, was hoping for Publix.
Didn't read the article, but maybe they are closing the one on Spring? Edited to add that I wanted a Publix, as well. I have family in Williamson County and always make a Publix run right before we head back from there to Cookeville.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyB View Post
Didn't read the article, but maybe they are closing the one on Spring? Edited to add that I wanted a Publix, as well. I have family in Williamson County and always make a Publix run right before we head back from there to Cookeville.
Food Lion is not closing their location on Spring. They'll have two locations in Cookeville.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:49 AM

35,911 posts, read 30,458,873 times
I shop at the FL on Sping occassionally and never considered it to be slow. Ive never shopped at Publix, but everyone says its great.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I shop at the FL on Sping occassionally and never considered it to be slow. Ive never shopped at Publix, but everyone says its great.
The Food Lion on Spring in Cookeville is a very nice store, too. It's much nicer than either Food Lion in Knoxville. Food Lion closed all of their Knoxville stores except two, and I honestly don't know how these two are still open because I almost never see anyone there. My mom shops at the one by the East Town Home Depot because she feels so sorry for them, the place is a ghost town.

Anyway, the old Bi-Lo in Cookeville was a huge store, a lot bigger than any Food Lion I've ever seen. I still wish Publix had taken over the lease, but I'll be interested to see what Food Lion will do with the space. Cookeville certainly deserves another nice grocery store to compete with Kroger.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:13 PM

129 posts, read 455,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
The Food Lion on Spring in Cookeville is a very nice store, too. It's much nicer than either Food Lion in Knoxville. Food Lion closed all of their Knoxville stores except two, and I honestly don't know how these two are still open because I almost never see anyone there. My mom shops at the one by the East Town Home Depot because she feels so sorry for them, the place is a ghost town.

Anyway, the old Bi-Lo in Cookeville was a huge store, a lot bigger than any Food Lion I've ever seen. I still wish Publix had taken over the lease, but I'll be interested to see what Food Lion will do with the space. Cookeville certainly deserves another nice grocery store to compete with Kroger.
JMT....I shop occasionally at the Food Lion on Spring Street and they just don't seem to carry enough of the products that appear in their sale flyer. It is easy to get in and out, but the selection is 'modest' at best. Grocery shopping in Cookeville seems to be getting very competitive with the Aldi store coming along with the new Food Lion opening. My wife just shopped recently at Hills Grocery at 10th and Washington and was quite impressed with their 5 meats for 19.99 deal...

Old 08-07-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookevilleWeatherGuy View Post
JMT....I shop occasionally at the Food Lion on Spring Street and they just don't seem to carry enough of the products that appear in their sale flyer. It is easy to get in and out, but the selection is 'modest' at best. Grocery shopping in Cookeville seems to be getting very competitive with the Aldi store coming along with the new Food Lion opening. My wife just shopped recently at Hills Grocery at 10th and Washington and was quite impressed with their 5 meats for 19.99 deal...
When I go to Cookeville I like to stop by Leo's on Spring Street downtown. There's nothing fancy about it at all, but it's such a fun shopping experience. Friendly staff, excellent butchers, and King's Salads pimento cheese! Plus I like supporting local business owners if I can. I bet Hill's is similar.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:15 PM

6 posts, read 10,978 times
How busy is the Food Lion on Spring Street? I don't think I ever knew it was there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville