Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 03:55 PM

867 posts, read 1,768,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedonna23 View Post
How far is Crossville and Kingston from Cookeville? I know our real estate agent also suggested Fairfield Glades. But from what I saw I think the people are much older than my husband and I.
Thanks,
Donna

Fairfield Glade is about a 45 minute drive from Cookeville. I am an owner there, but not a F/T resident. In our 40's and there are people our age there, but the majority of people are older and retired. 11 lakes, but all are no wake and only 2 are large enough for marinas. Most boats are pontoons. We are there a few weeks/year and will be going again for our spring break 3/23 for a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 08:30 PM

4 posts, read 22,920 times
Crossville is a peaceful place, but it's growing, and the afternoon rush hour is starting to get a little annoying.

Old 02-24-2007, 08:16 PM

24 posts, read 108,968 times
Well, we live in New York now and you can even imagine what rush hour is like. So, I think we will be ok with Crossville's rush hour. Hopefully we will find a place to call home. I can't wait to get out of the hustle and bustle of New York and live in a nice quiet place.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:32 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,362,267 times
Exclamation Rush Hour

Try Boston on Friday afternoon at 4:30 for "Rush Hour"......

Old 02-27-2007, 02:51 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,495,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
No, thanks!

Old 02-27-2007, 03:13 PM

13,336 posts, read 39,717,161 times
Quote:
At least Boston has a decent public transportation system. When my sister lived there she didn't even own a car and never missed it.

I think Florida would be more palatable if its cities had reliable alternatives to driving in that ridiculous traffic.

Memphis is expanding its light rail, and Nashville has started train service to its eastern suburbs. I hope it catches on to more Tennessee cities.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:11 PM

14 posts, read 54,600 times
Default Mobil homes

Fairfield Glade and Tansi are resort area, they do not allow mobil homes, I do not know of any mobil home lots, however there are manufactured throughout the area on lots and acreage

Quote:
I have tried for over 6 months too find information on manufactured homes in the Lake Tansi -- Fair Field Glade area of Crossville,TN. It must be such a secret no one is saying anything,Does any one know? I see a dozen manufactured home dealers in the Crossville -- Cookeville area. Some one must be buying manufactured homes and where are they putting them.I have contacted both Chambers in Cookeville - Crossville. Still a very big secret on where these parks and or lots are located......

Old 04-23-2007, 10:15 PM

14 posts, read 54,600 times
Default Rush Hour ????

Rush hour in Sparta Tn (Small town near Crossville) means it takes 20 minutes to get across town instead of 5 ????
Cookeville and Crossville are larger and growing fast, sparta is still a small hometown feel type town, layed back.

Want to know more about it just e-mail me
kdavis_erg@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedonna23 View Post
Well, we live in New York now and you can even imagine what rush hour is like. So, I think we will be ok with Crossville's rush hour. Hopefully we will find a place to call home. I can't wait to get out of the hustle and bustle of New York and live in a nice quiet place.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:31 AM

3 posts, read 12,464 times
Can I add to this thread? I've read many postings about this part of Tennessee (Crossville, Cookeville, etc.) and no one has yet mentioned the proximity of The Great Smoky Mountains park and area. Is it easy to get to? Overcrowded? Are there regions of the park that locals know about so you can escape the crowds but still enjoy the Smokies? Many thanks.

Last edited by JMT; 02-22-2012 at 04:45 PM..

Old 04-24-2007, 08:19 AM

13,336 posts, read 39,717,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy9510usa View Post
Can I add to this thread? I've read many postings about this part of Tennessee (Crossville, Cookeville, etc.) and no one has yet mentioned the proximity of The Great Smoky Mountains park and area. Is it easy to get to? Overcrowded? Are there regions of the park that locals know about so you can escape the crowds but still enjoy the Smokies? Many thanks.
No one has mentioned the proximity of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park to Crossville and Cookeville probably because it's not that close. You can look at a map and see for yourself. The Cumberland Plateau is much less crowded than the Smoky Mountains, far fewer tourists. Tennessee's newest national park, Big South Fork, is on the Cumberland Plateau near Crossville and Cookeville. Otherwise, it's a good 2.5 hours or so to get from Crossville to the Smokies.

Last edited by JMT; 02-22-2012 at 04:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville