U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 03-25-2007, 07:16 PM

3 posts, read 5,924 times
Default Cookeville Trip-Relocation?

Just returned from 4 day stay in Cookeville. Husband's company has relocated there. We were very impressed with the city. It is clean, people friendly, very scenic, quaint downtown area, roads were good, housing plentiful. We enjoyed our stay. We have been uncertain about our decision... move or not move??? After visiting the area we now have a better idea of the area in order to make our decision. If I could find a federal job close by there would be no problem, we would move when necessary. I just don't want to give up my 20 years... I work for the VA (administrative) and would love to get on in Murfreesboro. The facility is beautiful! I have been watching for openings so wish me luck!!!
We drove the interstate & many back roads to and from Lebanon, Murfreesboro, Watertown, Sparta to get a feel of the area in case I have to commute Don't really want to give up a few hours a day driving... Also looked in several of those areas for housing & shopping in case we decide to live in the middle. Overall, our trip was great & we love the area!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 03-25-2007, 08:06 PM

8,765 posts, read 19,582,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleeGrlMS View Post
Just returned from 4 day stay in Cookeville. Husband's company has relocated there. We were very impressed with the city. It is clean, people friendly, very scenic, quaint downtown area, roads were good, housing plentiful. We enjoyed our stay. We have been uncertain about our decision... move or not move??? After visiting the area we now have a better idea of the area in order to make our decision. If I could find a federal job close by there would be no problem, we would move when necessary. I just don't want to give up my 20 years... I work for the VA (administrative) and would love to get on in Murfreesboro. The facility is beautiful! I have been watching for openings so wish me luck!!!
We drove the interstate & many back roads to and from Lebanon, Murfreesboro, Watertown, Sparta to get a feel of the area in case I have to commute Don't really want to give up a few hours a day driving... Also looked in several of those areas for housing & shopping in case we decide to live in the middle. Overall, our trip was great & we love the area!!!
I'm so glad to hear about your trip! When does your husband's job start?

You're right, there aren't too many federal jobs in Cookeville, and the commute to Murfreesboro would be long.

There are a FEW federal offices in Cookeville, I have no idea how one goes about seeing if they have any job openings. If there aren't any openings currently, maybe you could put up with the commute to Murfreesboro until something in Cookeville became available?

Here are the federal agencies who have offices in Cookeville (according to the Cookeville phone directory):

USDA Farm Service Agency
USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service Area Office
USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service Field Office
the number for the above three offices is: 931-528-6472

USDA Rural Development
931-528-6539

US District Court
931-526-4212

FBI
931-526-8622

US Department of Human Services
931-528-7487

US Department of the Interior
931-528-6481

US Department of Labor
931-528-7506

Social Security Administration
931-528-9765

Unread 03-31-2007, 07:46 PM

3 posts, read 5,924 times
We don't have a firm date for his transfer. Haven't committed yet... Still have a few months to decide.
Thanks for the Fed info. I had made a note of some of these myself! The VA has an outpatient clinic in town but I could not find it (1101 neal st).
Thanks!

Unread 03-31-2007, 08:42 PM

176 posts, read 524,026 times
Default Neal Street is a road

that runs around the southeast quadrant of town. Many offices, both private and governmental, and health facilities are located there as well as a new bank and a shopping center that's going in.

I'm glad you enjoyed Cookeville as much as we do. We moved here a few years ago from New York and consider ourselves fortunate to live in such a great place. Good luck on your move.

Unread 04-15-2007, 03:30 PM

41 posts, read 127,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleeGrlMS View Post
We don't have a firm date for his transfer. Haven't committed yet... Still have a few months to decide.
Thanks for the Fed info. I had made a note of some of these myself! The VA has an outpatient clinic in town but I could not find it (1101 neal st).
Thanks!
The VA clinic is located at 1101 Neal St. (corner of Neal St. and Design Dr.) in the same building as Upper Cumberland Family Physicians (Drs. Flatt and Gotcher). This is just off E. Spring St. near Hwy111.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville