Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 03:26 PM

5 posts, read 9,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Yes, we do have a couple of feed stores in Crossville and a farmers market....

I also hear a Dunkin donuts is also coming....
Sounds great -- thanks!

Someone named Bones might could use a DD ... someone like me steers clear.

How hard is it to find folks to help with work on the place (handy work, minor construction, fencing/mending fences, hay/straw delivery, that kinda thing)? I won't need much of that, but some ... any recommendations?

I'm assuming i'll need to look toward Knoxville for remodeling kind of work (flooring, roofing, well work, etc.) ... true?

One of my first buds in the USMC was called "Bones" ... he made me my first squirrel stew, lol. I was a city girl, once. ;-)

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 03:44 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,066,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasBleu02 View Post
Sounds great -- thanks!

Someone named Bones might could use a DD ... someone like me steers clear.

How hard is it to find folks to help with work on the place (handy work, minor construction, fencing/mending fences, hay/straw delivery, that kinda thing)? I won't need much of that, but some ... any recommendations?

I'm assuming i'll need to look toward Knoxville for remodeling kind of work (flooring, roofing, well work, etc.) ... true?

One of my first buds in the USMC was called "Bones" ... he made me my first squirrel stew, lol. I was a city girl, once. ;-)

Thanks again!
We have home construction/repair companies, well drillers, septic systems installers, electrical, plumbing, A/C, etc. Just about anything you would need. I can't advertise on the forums, but when you are ready....I can recommend a few and A couple to stay away from....

Did you like the squirrel soup.... No, it does not taste like chicken....

Last edited by Bones; 09-21-2013 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: Change can to can't

Old 09-21-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
We have home construction/repair companies, well drillers, septic systems installers, electrical, plumbing, A/C, etc. Just about anything you would need. I can advertise on the forums, but when you are ready....I can recommend a few and A couple to stay away from....

Did you like the squirrel soup.... No, it does not taste like chicken....

Thanks! I will definitely impose on you for recommendations (for/especially against) when the time comes. My immediate need will be fencing (I love my critters! and I rely on my giant woofers for perimeter security).

Nope, not like chicken ... I was hesitant at first, then had 3 bowls.

Thanks, Bones!

Old 10-24-2013, 10:35 PM

Default Made a visit, then an offer

Recently spent a long weekend in Crossville for house hunting. (Btw, the Super 8 was very nice for me travelling with giant-breed dogs!). Fell in love with the area ... probably helped that when my car battery died, some really nice folks offered help ... ok, that was just icing on the cake.

Found a place I really like! Have made an offer and we'll see. Thanks so much to all of you that helped me get a feel for the area before I could see it! Bones, I wish I coulda bought you and your missus a cuppa while there ... next time. Hoping to be a neighbor soon.

p.s. Btw, one of the guys that took so much time and care helping us with the dead car battery is remaking the old Papa Lorenzo's Pizza place (I-40/Plateau Rd.) into a new diner. When they get it done, it'll have some interesting menu options -- worth checking out, even if just cuz he's a nice guy and helped a couple of ladies in trouble, and spent a half hour discussing the area with out-of-town house hunters. :-)

p.p.s. Gotta love the entrepreneurial spirit of the fella that runs the gas station next to the old Papa Lorenzo's place ... and TN gas station pizza is pretty good after all, lol ... the young woman at the counter was right!

Thanks again!

Old 10-25-2013, 06:54 AM

BasBleu, now y'all let our secret out.....

Good to hear that you enjoyed the area and friendly folks here....

We'll get together on your next trip down here....keep us all updated on your new adventure....

Old 11-01-2013, 05:45 PM

24,766 posts, read 28,505,227 times
FYI: Dunkin Dounuts should be up and running by the holidays.. 127 North circle K gas station the vacant store next door workers have scaffolding up and temporary lights and erecting walls as of Oct 28 2013

Old 12-06-2013, 11:27 AM

FYI: The counters are in -- the lighting being worked on. No corporate name or logos yet.. but color scheme is DD another couple weeks. I project Christmas week maybe ?

Old 12-06-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
FYI: The counters are in -- the lighting being worked on. No corporate name or logos yet.. but color scheme is DD another couple weeks. I project Christmas week maybe ?
Thanks for the update Tin Man..... Dunkin Donuts would make a great Christmas present for Crossville....

Old 12-06-2013, 05:23 PM

Hot ! Java and a jelly donut.........

Old 12-08-2013, 12:32 PM

FYI: Dunkin Donuts is now open.. I-40 Crossville Exit 317 North 127 at the Circle K . Next door is Shoney's

1983 - Dunkin Donuts - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville