U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 04:27 PM

63 posts, read 201,163 times
Also Gene my wife is Colombian and hails from a well to do family in Valle Dupar though she was raised in Barranquilla/Miami. She loves Tennessee as it has the same rolling hills and mountains of her old home. The people are of similar attitudes though i sometimes find colombians a little better off as far as education goes. We have never experienced any bigotry or alienation the way we do among all the "Diversity" where we live. There is a Mexican Gentleman who owns properties and several restaurants in Crossville and he loves it also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2006, 07:27 PM

7 posts, read 22,186 times
Do Can you tell me about Monterey? I am looking to relocate from South Florida soon. I see you had responese on this for Crossvile & Cookeville so I thought you know the area. Thank you. My e mail is Southjay1@Bellsouth.net Thank You.

Old 06-24-2006, 05:41 PM

176 posts, read 550,987 times
Red face I live near Crossville

in Cookeville, about 30 miles west. Croosville and Cookeville are both great towns-clean, good housing stock, friendly people, cheap utilities, good hospitals and services, responsive government... I could go on and on. Is it perfect? No. No place is. I can't get some NY specialty foods (Italian), hard rolls and things. So what? We moved here from New York where my property taxes on a nice but not great house were $11,000 a year, going up 8-12% a year. Here I pay $1700, am in a great house on 6 acres overlooking a valley with my nearest neighbor about 700 feet away. Everyone's on a large lot and our neighbors are great. My utility costs are one third of NY's. We happened to find our house in Cookeville but we looked, too, in Crossville and if our "dream" house had shown up there we would have bought it.
Leaving NY was the one of the smartest things we ever did. Been here 3 years and love it. Why did I wait so long to move???.....

Old 06-30-2006, 02:39 PM

10 posts, read 55,071 times
I think anywhere in Middle Eastern TN is good. If you are looking retire in 5 years, you may want to consider buying a home site in a community and then building later as you get closer to move. If you purchase now, you can borrow against the equity in your home site when you go to build. And trust me, you will see your land appreciate. There are many hot areas including Van Buren County. I just bought in a new planned community- mostly people looking for a place to retire in 5-10 years.

Old 07-12-2006, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,198 times
Default Crossville

We are considering retiring in Crossville in the next couple of year from the Midwest. We would be interested in any comment pro or con on Crossville.

Old 07-12-2006, 08:39 PM

18,957 posts, read 21,379,460 times
Default Check these posts

http://www.city-data.com/forum/tenne...eld-glade.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/tenne...-glade-tn.html

Old 01-04-2007, 01:11 AM

22 posts, read 86,409 times
Default Can anyone give me info about Crossville,TN and pictures??

Im looking to move to Crossville,TN and i was wondering whats the town like, the people, the schools, hunting, and more....and if anyone could send me some pics of Crossville that would be great!

Old 01-04-2007, 05:29 AM

22,038 posts, read 16,883,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRebel8202 View Post
Im looking to move to Crossville,TN and i was wondering whats the town like, the people, the schools, hunting, and more....and if anyone could send me some pics of Crossville that would be great!
Pictures:

Go to the Google (google.com) homepage. Click on Images link. Type in "Crossville" in the search box. Hit Search Images. When you find applicable images to Crossville, TN, click on the images you are interested in for a bigger view.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:53 AM

7,285 posts, read 13,902,428 times
you can also look back through these thread pages on this forum. Lots of people have posts great info about that area.

Old 01-04-2007, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 10,575 times
Default Crossville area

My husband and I are looking at the Crossville area also. I am wondering about shopping, especially foods. All we have here is WalMart and Piggly Wiggly. We eat alot of health foods, foods from Farmer's Market's, etc. We alos want to be near bookstores like Barnes & Nobles or Books A Million; are there any in the area? We are wanting about 5 acres, not in a subdivision. We are interested in the Cumberland Plateau area. We are both librarians and will be retiring in about 2 years and would like to buy land and build soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville