U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 11:16 AM

1 posts, read 9,492 times
Question Wilder Mountain

Does anyone know anything about this area near Crossville, We recently got info re: 5 acres for $39,900 ---Would this property be worth looking at?

Old 07-24-2006, 01:02 PM

37 posts, read 140,147 times
$8,000 an acre sounds way too high unless it is a gated community or has something very special about it.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:20 AM

410 posts, read 1,098,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas0607
Does anyone know anything about this area near Crossville, We recently got info re: 5 acres for $39,900 ---Would this property be worth looking at?
Wilder is definitely out in the middle of "nowhere"
It's really more in line with Monterey than Crossville.
That might be a little high...
But I encourage you to come check out the entire area,then make your decision.You'll love the area...!

firepower

Old 08-03-2006, 02:14 PM

3 posts, read 17,867 times
Smile Wilder Mtn info

We purchased 10 acres on Wilder Mtn in TN. It is beautiful! We found the prices to be reasonable. If your looking for peace and beauty and a real sense of community I suggest you check out Wilder Mtn! We plan on moving as soon as we get our home built. Our kids are even excited about it!
It is truely a mountain community and is close to several small cities. Jamestown, Monterey, Crossville, etc. It will be a bit of a drive to go shopping and what not but as I said if your looking for a beautiful, peaceful, mountain community - this is a GREAT one.
The provisions in the purchase contract will prevent it from ever getting commercialized and one side of the mountian is protected due to it being a national park. There will be several community areas throughout, with fishing, swimming, hiking trails, etc available to all residents.
It isn't for everyone I'm sure but we LOVE it and it's definitely worth checking out. If you decide too ask for Darryl, he is who we spoke with and he grew up in the area and is very knowledgeable and quite possibly the nicest person we've met.

Old 09-03-2006, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 9,427 times
Any information about Wilder Mountain would we wonderful! Thank you!

Old 09-04-2006, 12:14 PM

132 posts, read 373,895 times
Wilder Mountain is a very pretty area. And it is not far at all from our home NE Monterey. I have travelled over it a few times to Clarkrage and it is very exciting to say the least. Very winding with lots of views. But the lack of guardrails and the numerous small wash outs along the road keeps my wife from ever traveling that road again.
I did look at property in the area but is was really to far out for me. As the bird flies it's not to far out but we are not birds we have to drive LOL. Living in S FL all my life I live for the snow when I can see it but that road scares me.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:27 PM

3 posts, read 13,555 times
I just joined and saw this about Wilder Mountain. We are looking at a lot at Sequatchie Pointe west of Chattanooga. I wonder if this is the same developer? Are you still happy with your lot and the transaction overall? Also, regarding the price, I live in Atlanta and the price we were quoted seems very reasonable compared to here, but we still don't want to overpay. Looking at the other replies, it seems that 8,000 an acre seems to be overpriced in Wilder. The prices we were shown were around 15,000 an acre. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Old 10-26-2006, 04:28 AM

22,035 posts, read 16,871,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhubtin View Post
Wilder Mountain is a very pretty area. And it is not far at all from our home NE Monterey. I have travelled over it a few times to Clarkrage and it is very exciting to say the least. Very winding with lots of views. But the lack of guardrails and the numerous small wash outs along the road keeps my wife from ever traveling that road again.
I did look at property in the area but is was really to far out for me. As the bird flies it's not to far out but we are not birds we have to drive LOL. Living in S FL all my life I live for the snow when I can see it but that road scares me.
You make very good points for people who visit mountain areas on summer vacation but don't actually live there when, for example, there is ice on the roads or they have to commute on and off a mountain on a daily/regular basis for basic things like work, school and shopping, that they don't do when they are on vacation in the summer months. I'm kind of chuckling at all of the folks from flat land, hot climates and big cities that are looking for rural environments in the mountains.

I give them 2 years before they move again but then they'll say they hated (no cultural activities, no stores and restaurants they like that are nearby, too far to the hospital if you get sick or hurt, you have to belong to a church for social activities, too much ice/snow, you have to drive everywhere for everything and sometimes long distances, nothing to do in the winter, they had to buy a new vehicle to handle mountain roads, people aren't as smart as them and their friends from back home, laughable when you consider they're the ones that made a stupid mistake, spouse died and now they're isolated on some mountain, etc.) living in Eastern Tennessee when in reality there's nothing wrong with ET, they just didn't pick the right environment in Eastern Tennessee for them, opting instead for that idyllic spot that they remember from their youth, vacations, a weekend visit to the property or fairytales.

You and your spouse sound like smart people. Picking the wrong place to live can leave you miserable and poorer when you have to correct it.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:25 PM

2 posts, read 15,768 times
Default Sequatchie Pointe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnatl View Post
I just joined and saw this about Wilder Mountain. We are looking at a lot at Sequatchie Pointe west of Chattanooga. I wonder if this is the same developer? Are you still happy with your lot and the transaction overall? Also, regarding the price, I live in Atlanta and the price we were quoted seems very reasonable compared to here, but we still don't want to overpay. Looking at the other replies, it seems that 8,000 an acre seems to be overpriced in Wilder. The prices we were shown were around 15,000 an acre. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Hoping for a little more information about Sequatchie Point. Have been searching the web for some info regarding the homesites, etc. We had an supplemental ad in newspaper today offering 2 acres for $39,000. with and offer to visit 3days/2nights Hotel Say with a tour of the property for $99.00. Reimbursed travel and breakfast, etc. It looks very nice but I am unable to find anything else about it or who is selling it, if it is a real community.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:26 PM

20 posts, read 68,977 times
lafinfi,
Im also looking for a trac in Sequatchie County close to Chatt. I don't have any info on this community. Ref Wilder Mountain I was advised by a realtor to avoid any lots at that location due soil problems. Just passing on info, take it for whats it worth.

Ironwood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville