Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2010, 05:07 PM

35 posts, read 73,659 times

Advertisements

Hello, does anyone have first hand knowledge of High Branch Lakes, a planned horse community? Just wondering what the weather is like, ie, how humid? I've been told the Cumberland plateau is very nice, and not many bugs? Any info at all on this developement would be much appreciated. I'm retired and just want to ride my horses as much as possible, and walk my good dogs.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 08:47 PM

179 posts, read 452,874 times
I think you are refering to Long Branch Lakes. I've yet to make a personal visit, but it looks like a horse lover's dream come true!! It gets humid here, sure, but not as bad as say, Florida

Here's the website: Spencer Tennessee Land For Sale | Tennessee Homesites | Tennessee Real Estate For Sale | Tennessee Equestrian Community | Tennessee Gated Community | Long Branch Lakes

Old 02-12-2010, 10:28 AM

Yes, I meant Long Branch Lakes! Another senior moment, ha ha! Thank you!

Old 02-14-2010, 06:56 PM

22 posts, read 76,694 times
Tuffy'sMom

Before you even think about buying this property, Please go there and look at it. It all sounds and looks good. There was nothing near there the last I visited. The nearness town, Spencer and was by a winding road. You would never want to drive it in the winter.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:13 PM

2 posts, read 3,016 times
This is the ONLY thread I can find about Long Branch Lakes? I bought property there after visiting in 2008 and yes, I am a horse person and I suppose that attracted me in a big way. I have not been back since and I did call one of the "recommended" builders to discuss a possible new construction. I got a sales person on the phone with a heavy southern accent and he told me people in my state are crazy. What? I have been paying property taxes and maintenance charges amounting to over 1200 a year every year since and I am being ignored by any correspondence I have sent. I am starting to feel as though I may have been taken hook, line and sinker. I seriously hope not but not having very warm and fuzzy feelings.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:44 AM

78 posts, read 180,682 times
Long Branch Lakes, Spencer, Tennessee

Old 02-19-2015, 01:53 PM

36,493 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieMay40 View Post
This is the ONLY thread I can find about Long Branch Lakes? I bought property there after visiting in 2008 and yes, I am a horse person and I suppose that attracted me in a big way. I have not been back since and I did call one of the "recommended" builders to discuss a possible new construction. I got a sales person on the phone with a heavy southern accent and he told me people in my state are crazy. What? I have been paying property taxes and maintenance charges amounting to over 1200 a year every year since and I am being ignored by any correspondence I have sent. I am starting to feel as though I may have been taken hook, line and sinker. I seriously hope not but not having very warm and fuzzy feelings.
$1200/yr. sound high unless you bought hundreds of acres. Property taxes in Van Buren County are very low because it is a very rural county.

It is not uncommon for out of state people to get pulled into buying into these gated developments that don't pan out to be what they thought they were.

Old 03-05-2015, 05:38 AM

2 posts, read 3,016 times
2mares thank you for your reply. I have recently been informed the developer filed for Chapter 7 and the land that has not been bought and all the amenities are now bank owned property. The existing property owners are trying to organize and figure out what the next step is going to be but it is not looking good at the moment. Sometimes these things can turn around and hopefully this is what will happen. Thanks for your reply. It is only 372 dollars for the property taxes for the year but the maintenance charges are 900 a year. Hoping these will be waived until they find a new investor.

Old 03-11-2015, 05:48 PM

Yep, the developers turned out, as so often happens, to be Crooks. I live here and we are an awesome community and have all come together to work things out. Hopefully when the dust clears Long Branch Lakes will be sold to a new developer or perhaps a group that specialized in distressed properties. We have lived here since March of last year. The barn and riding is still awesome, the place is SO beautiful, but right now you have to look past the horrid condition of the roads and the deteriorating infrastructure. We are mostly hopeful that it will all work out in the end, the place is just too nice for someone to not pick it up, spiff it up, and sell the lots as originally intended. There are approximately 38 full time homeowners here and you'll never find a nicer, more helpful group of folks. As far as getting a builder, there is only one that I would recommend, he built our house and we are very happy with it and with him. If you are interested shoot me a message and I'll give you his name and you can check out his website. He is just finishing up a home and detached garage for our newest homeowner here over by the Equestrian Center. I have to say, I love being able to ride my horse any time I want without trailering him anywhere. Good Luck!

Old 03-27-2015, 05:01 PM

24,766 posts, read 28,507,453 times
YES!!! Look at the property and do research on this property or any other property before jumping into it... If it sounds to good to be true it probably is..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville