Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 05:05 PM

1 posts, read 6,367 times

Advertisements

Hello, my wife is Ukrainian. She speaks 4 languages, Russian, Ukrainian, Slovakian, and Hungarian. We would like to become acquainted with any local people who have come from Eastern Europe and/or can speak any of the slavic languages.
Or, if you know of any resources for someone who speaks Russian or Ukrainian.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fred
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 08:18 PM

484 posts, read 1,631,083 times
I suggest you visit St Nicholas Orthodox Church @ 502 South Chaparral St. in Corpus, telephone 882-9843 for information.

There are a number of Eastern Europeans, Russian and Ukrainian, who attend services there. Good luck.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:52 PM

1 posts, read 6,320 times
Hello, I am russian and recently moved to CC. How old is your wife?Do you have kids?

Old 05-22-2012, 05:48 PM

1 posts, read 6,236 times
I, too, will be seeking a Russian community and Russian or Belarusian-speaking people to help my fiancee make new friends once she moves to Corpus Christi.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:41 PM

484 posts, read 1,631,083 times
Is your fiancee from Russia, or Belarus? Is she coming on a K-1 visa? If so, it's only a 90 day visa unless you marry. I still recommend a visit to the local Orthodox Church, even if you are not so inclined religiously. This will be a place where she might feel more at home with people of similar heritage. I have seen several K-1 visas fall apart when the "bride-to-be" felt all alone in a new country, with no friends, and it's hard to learn a new language and adapt to a new culture.

My wife struggled with this years ago, even though she wasn't a K-1,,, we had to go the I-130 route because we married in Moscow while I was stationed there.

There are many Russians and Ukrainians, maybe even a few Belorussians, living in Corpus, I wish you good luck with your Eastern European lady. They are the greatest, and usually the most beautiful women in the world.

(my wife would kill me if I didn't add that part)

Last edited by jbtx; 05-22-2012 at 10:27 PM..

Old 09-12-2012, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 5,952 times
So did anyone find out where to find Slavik people in Corpus?! Im 27/f and dying to find some Ukrainian or Russians! I miss my people

Old 10-15-2012, 12:44 PM

2 posts, read 11,678 times
Hi, I am karina I am from Ukraine. We going to move to corpus christi. Tomorrow flying to see the city will be happy to find Russian or Ukrainian people.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:21 PM

4 posts, read 9,802 times
I too will be looking for friends so my wife can communicate in her native russian language. She can speak English ok but little practice while she is in Russia, but I want her to know she isn't alone. After talking to only me and having to mentally translate what she hears, I know she will be like an erupting volcano when she can finally talk in her native language... Anything to help her in her transition....

Its been a long interesting journey for the two of us , but she finally has her interview at the US Embassy, Moscow in a week. I leave Tuesday to accompany her to the interview. I'm hoping she will be here for the start of the new year, but we don't have any idea on the timing. Does anybody have an idea how long it takes for her documents to be delivered after the interview? Having her here would be a great Christmas present for the two of us, and a great way to start 2013...

Old 12-19-2012, 04:24 PM

2 posts, read 11,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveta84 View Post
So did anyone find out where to find Slavik people in Corpus?! Im 27/f and dying to find some Ukrainian or Russians! I miss my people
look for me in facebook Karina Tsehelnyk. i miss my people too

Old 12-21-2012, 02:12 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times
According to the "First Ancestories Reported" here http://www.city-data.com/housing/hou...sti-Texas.html

it lists
Russian:
Ukrainian: 90
Croation: 82
Slavic: 31
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi