Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 09:58 PM

16 posts, read 31,437 times

Advertisements

We recently relocated to the bluff from Colorado. We have two dogs and need a recommendation for a good vet. My fiancé starts a job with the city soon. I have some health issues and would like some more info on the "citicare" plan. I'm not finding anything about except bits on the city website. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 12:09 AM

4 posts, read 8,970 times
Lucid220, good thinking to establish medical services for the critters as well as for yourself as son as you get to a new location; most folks don't think that far ahead & wait, getting caught in an emergency health situation without having established a good medical provider relationship. I have not lived in Corpus Christi for a long time personally, but when I did I had one of the best vets ever -- a Dr Pigott (Pie-got). Some friends referred me to him because they were so impressed by him for their own pets. Since then I was transferred to the DFW area and it took a couple of yrs to find the fantastic equivalent here that I'd had in Dr.P. I talked to my Corpus friends awhile ago & asked about their pets etc & asked about who they were going to for vet care. She said that Dr Pigott's son had gone into veterinary work & so now has his dad's clinic. Since we'd both adored Dr. P Sr., I was afraid to ask her how the Jr was by comparison & she just raved about him too! So I guess being a wonderful DVM runs in the family; at in theirs. So that would be my recommendation as to some place to start. Sorry that I cannot speak to any city employee benefits. Best wishes to you & the pets. Beverly & Loyd were my friends there if you end of going to Dr Pigott & if they ask. They would not remember me at the clinic, as it's been decades ago.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:59 PM

1,678 posts, read 4,010,003 times
Lucid, there are two Citicare plans you can choose from. One is a Basic plan, and the other is a Premium Plan. There is also a Dental plan (Basic and Premium), and even a simple vision plan (basically deducts a certain percentage off of your vision care, at certain optical places). There is a large cost difference between Basic and Premium plans (nearly double the cost for Premium). But, deductibles are alot less on the Premium.

The amounts that are paid out on either Basic or Premium are about the same once deductibles are met (I believe its 70/30). You also can choose life insurance, short term/long term disability options, and some other things. The Citicare/Dental/Vision Plans can be bought individually, or for married couples and even for the whole family.

Hope that helps some.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:47 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,409,088 times
I work for the city, but unfortunately, I can't help. The police dept. has a different health plan than the rest of the city for whatever reason. As far as looking for a good vet, there are two good places I know of in Calallen. But, it would be a long drive for you. The Riverside Veterinarian Clinic down Northwest Blvd is very good, although slightly pricey. Also, the Nueces Veterinary Hospital down just east of Leopard and Violet, is a little cheaper, but just as good. The one complaint I do have with this one however, is that they are not as friendly as at Riverside.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:54 AM

16 posts, read 31,437 times
Thank you all so much!

Old 01-11-2013, 09:53 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Agree on Dr. Pigott and his associates at Windsor Park Animal Hospital. They've been our vets for years and are wonderful.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:17 AM

4 posts, read 8,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Agree on Dr. Pigott and his associates at Windsor Park Animal Hospital. They've been our vets for years and are wonderful.
Thanks, Marlow, for reminding me that it was Windsor Park Animal Hospital & confirming that indeed they've continued the excellent care that I rec'd back in 1975-78. Dr Pigott Sr. saved the life of my first feline rescue/adoption [Pepper, charcoal/white tuxedo cat] that had distemper as a kitten, but survived then thrived due to his wonderful care. A few months later, the clinic had also rescued a momcat that had unfortunately lost all her kittens & almost died herself; she was a longhaired grey tabby with the longest white 'wings/wisps' in her ears. She had a very rough start as well, but they saved her too & she came home with me to keep Pepper company while I was working so many hours. She became Missy (aka Mamacat) & lived to be about 20-21 yrs.; Pepper lived to be 18 yrs; they both passed away in 1993 & I still miss them terribly, although there have been many others rescued/fostered/adopted out & kept since then.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:27 PM

484 posts, read 1,631,083 times
There is a wealth of good vets in CC. I'd say which one you choose would depend on where in town you decide to live.

I'm posting a link to a directory of vets here:
Corpus Christi Veterinary clinics | Veterinary clinics in Corpus Christi, TX - YP.com

I'm sure you'll find one that meets your needs and is near to your new home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi