Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 02:44 PM

733 posts, read 853,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Never Sleeps View Post
I like TJ's and Whole Foods, elitist be they may, I was thinking in terms of the Common Good - a specific "good" that is shared and beneficial for all or most members of a given community.

I sometimes muse about having been the mayor of CC for one term. It would sure be nice to see one of those old time CC mayors like Roy Miller who could make the city work for the people. Just one understanding kind person to do their duty for the simple good of all.

Btw, you do know I once lived on the plaza in Old Mesilla?

Wow, Rust, you have led an interesting and wandering life!

I didn't know Trader Joe's was elitist. I found some great bargains there before. I like how they decorate, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 08:36 PM

552 posts, read 1,055,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasick View Post
Wow, Rust, you have led an interesting and wandering life!

I didn't know Trader Joe's was elitist. I found some great bargains there before. I like how they decorate, too.
There is a general perception, promulgated by some and adopted by others, that TJ's & Whole Foods are elitist. I'll cut-to-the-chase, fragrant, juicy plums are delightful, I want a plum that taste like a plum and not some mealy cardboard mush. Whole Foods Market Seeduction bread and Philadelphia sticky buns, among other things, make me happy! Who says you can't buy happiness?

A sorta' semi-friend chides me about Whole Paycheck. He is also a gun addict, happiness to him is a "warm gun" - he's all excited about the new "open carry" law in Texas. I'm practicing my scathing glance and withering look, which some say I've already mastered After watching the Dowager Countess of Grantham - I thought I might improve it a bit.

Eyebrows raised as big stores cash in on Downton Abbey merchandise | Blackmore Vale Magazine

Rust

Old 06-02-2015, 10:32 AM

811 posts, read 1,146,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Never Sleeps View Post
There is a general perception, promulgated by some and adopted by others, that TJ's & Whole Foods are elitist. I'll cut-to-the-chase, fragrant, juicy plums are delightful, I want a plum that taste like a plum and not some mealy cardboard mush. Whole Foods Market Seeduction bread and Philadelphia sticky buns, among other things, make me happy! Who says you can't buy happiness?

A sorta' semi-friend chides me about Whole Paycheck. He is also a gun addict, happiness to him is a "warm gun" - he's all excited about the new "open carry" law in Texas. I'm practicing my scathing glance and withering look, which some say I've already mastered After watching the Dowager Countess of Grantham - I thought I might improve it a bit.

Eyebrows raised as big stores cash in on Downton Abbey merchandise | Blackmore Vale Magazine

Rust
I just love everything about this post. That is all.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandCityGirl View Post
I just love everything about this post. That is all.
That's quite enough.

Thank you.

Rust

Old 06-02-2015, 07:53 PM

[quote=seasick;39847867]Wow, Rust, you have led an interesting and wandering life!

Seasick, does anyone set out to someday post on C-D, "Should I lead a boring and unremarkable life?"

It might be, people let boring lives lead them.

One thing bothered me reading your post last night. I was never a nomad. gypsy. wanderer or vagabond.
Maybe ahead of my time, Rust evolved a new subspecies of the genre "Nomad" to which the name ''Location independent professional'' might usefully be given.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;

__The Riddle of Strider

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
"I don’t much care where--" said Alice.
"Then it doesn’t matter which way you go," said the Cat.
"--so long as I get SOMEWHERE," Alice added as an explanation.
"Oh, you’re sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."
(Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Chapter 6)

(The above quote is often mistakenly referred to as: "If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there." But this line is not in the Alice in Wonderland books.)

Being highly focused and deliberate I knew where I was going. I obligingly confess to some wandering and diablerie, once I got there

Rust
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi