Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2008, 07:47 PM

4 posts, read 18,009 times

Advertisements

Don't know a think about racism (or care too), but CC is a damn nice place to live. I lived there for a couple of years, graduating from what was then known as CCSU then worked for a number of years for CP&L. Prior to that I had grown up in Victoria. I married a girl who grew up in Portland, the area is home. I'd live there now if I could have an I.T. job that paid anything near what I make in the metromess. I plan to move back when I retire as hunting and fishing are my thing and there is no better place to do both than there. I miss it all the time.

It's just the right size - big enough that it has things to do but not too big that you can't get anywhere. Good food. Good people. Great outdoors. Great weather. I love it and I miss it and can't wait to visit my inlaws ('cause it means fishing time!).

Earl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 05:40 PM

219 posts, read 811,156 times
Good Luck in the in Hill Country but don't forget to lock your doors at night?! Hill country crime is MUCH lower then CC. LOL. Wow. What a statement. In my opinion you better lock your doors in CC and anywhere for that matter.

Oh. In 2007 CC got busted big time. They had been not following protocol and they pumped dangerous chemical against federal guildlines into the air for the last 10 years!

Also. CC is ranked in the top 15 worst cities to live in the entire United States.

Last edited by johnbain; 05-17-2008 at 05:48 PM..

Old 05-18-2008, 11:04 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,411,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbain View Post

Also. CC is ranked in the top 15 worst cities to live in the entire United States.
And you can find this information where???

And I dont know what is up with all of the racism stuff with the blond hair and blue eyes. Real mexicans, from mexico mexico are blond hair and blue/green eyed.

Crime down here isn't really that bad. Im not going to lie and say there aren't a lot of sex offenders, but that is because a lot of 18 or 19 year olds go and have sex with 15 and 16 year olds and end up getting them pregnant. Before you know it the mother press charges and you go to jail for being a sex offender. Its not like there are a bunch of 40 year old men raping 10 year old girls. Other than that, crime is not bad at all in Corpus. It is very uncommon to hear of a murder on the news or a car chase.

Even the "ghettos" of Corpus aren't as bad as "ghettos" in other cities.

I dont know why john has to lie about the place. Its like he is trying to promote the hill country to the whole world and keep Corpus Christi a secret. Or give it a bad name.

Sure the hill country is nice, but its nothing that great either. I have been there a million times and I would much rather spend my time in Corpus or Houston.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:49 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
i conducted myself with a modicum of common sense, when i spent a year as an Emergency Room Registered Nurse down there.
it didnt stop me from being hit by one of the many indigents in the area-and my truck got badly damaged, and since the person who was at fault had no drivers license or insurance, i had to pay a deductible.
it didnt stop me from being stalked by a hispanic police officer to the point where an internal affairs investigation went on, and subsequently restraining order, and termination
it didnt stop numerous other "incidents" that occurred to me there.
i have lived in more populated areas of Texas and the South and never had as much problems as i had down there.
it was a nightmare
it is truly a shame that these terrible things happened to you .... but these are things that can happen ANYwhere......

stalkers come in all stripes and from all walks of life.....

here in st. louis, an illegal drove his truck into a sidewalk cafe, killing two.... and it was NOT his first accident......

and i live in a nice, middle class suburb, but the house next to mine is a rental and the people who moved there the first of february are in the running for the WORST neighbors ever. i managed to live nearly 48 years without ever ONCE having to call 911 and i have called 911 FOUR times in the 3 months they have been there.... the most recent was when SHE stabbed him...... and as awful as this sounds, it was not a serious wound and she is not being charged because he is back there and will not press charges......

i have convinced the boyfriend and the 15 year old son that my dogs (90 lb lab and 50 lb cattle dog mix) will EAT them if they step foot on my property and i plan to keep it that way for as long as they are able to hold on to that house, which if there is ANY justice in my world, won't be much longer.......

i could go on and on, but you get the picture.......

Last edited by latetotheparty; 05-19-2008 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: more stuff

Old 05-19-2008, 10:11 PM

First of all...I never said anything about racism...My wife is hispanic...

Second...I am not lying about corpus and I am not promoting the hill country. I am saying that the hill country is a much safer place to live, with friendly people and better scenery. That's all.

I moved to the area a long time ago and I was in shock. I could not believe how backward this area was compared to every other place I had lived in. What shocked me even more was when people told me that this was one of the most beautiful places in the world and that South Texas gets everything first and yet...they had never even been out of South Texas! I laughed so hard when they told me that. Because things the area has just gotten I had seen for 10 years in other places. Now by South Texas I am not including Dallas, Houston, San Antonio or any major city like that even though they might be considered. I am talking about the Corpus area and below...corpus, rockport, the valley, etc.

If you think Corpus crime is not that bad why don't u look it up? Crime index is 323.2 as a US average. Corpus is 519.9. Higher is worse. It's interesting you would rather be in Houston also. Their crime index is 659.2 and you should see the broken down categories. It's crazy. Oh yea. Did you know that Corpus got busted last year? The plants had been pumping cancer causing agents into the air for 10 years! They were not following the guidelines at all! I just find it amazing that people can't admit what is right in front of them. Pride comes before the fall. Think what you want but I only state facts.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:04 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
yes, you have posted these facts and opinions on several other occasions.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:52 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Oh yea. Did you know that Corpus got busted last year? The plants had been pumping cancer causing agents into the air for 10 years! They were not following the guidelines at all! I just find it amazing that people can't admit what is right in front of them. Pride comes before the fall. Think what you want but I only state facts.
The problem with your posts is that you're NOT stating facts.

Corpus Christi did not get busted for anything. The CITGO refinery was tried and found guilty of two counts of felony violations of the Clean Air Act for not using proper emissions controls on two tanks from 1993 to 2004. CITGO was also found guilty of three misdemeanor violations of the Migratory Bird Act, based on the same tanks.

While those are not good things, it's a far cry from "the plants had been pumping cancer causing agents into the air for 10 years." As I posted earlier (which was ignored by all the Corpus detractors), CC actually has a lower rate of cancer than many Hill Country counties and Travis County has the highest rate of breast cancer in the state.

As I've said a million times, if you're happier where you're living than you were in CC, great! I'm thrilled for you. But there's no need to post lies and exaggerations about the area.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:47 PM

304 posts, read 1,127,271 times
Every time I read a post on here that states crime and pollution statistics I research them. 98% of the time the crime and pollution statistics stated on here negatively are false. As Marlow stated, if you don't like CC thats fine, but done post lies.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:42 PM

Wow. Not lies I have the facts which I can't post because moderators normally removed the links. The figures on the crime I listed above are FACTS and actually came from this site. LOL. Yet I am lying? I also have other sites in which I can compare city to city and state to state. Or would you prefer the FBI stats....ooops. Almost let the cat out of the bag.

I read the entire article...and yes...they were pumping cancer causing agents into the air and yes the crime is high. Of course they did leave out certain facts to the public since money does talk. wink, wink...but I am sure you guys are going to say that is false also...really...who do you work for? That is what I thought.

That is the problem with South Texas...people want to believe that non of this crap happens...to much pride. How pathetic is that. My job took me to California once and I did think certain areas were stunningly beautiful, great food, lots to do BUT I was glad to get out of there because I CAN ADMIT when things are bad and that area was BAD. You people need to do the same. People that can't admit what goes on, turn the other cheek. Those are the ones responsible for all the crap going on...because if they united and stood together and take action...crime, corruption...would be lowered....instead it's up to people like...

I bet if you did not live in South Texas...if instead you lived in the Hill Country or East Texas or anywhere then those you would be defending those place. How lame. I am done with this. I can't stand having converstations with the blind and ignorant.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:19 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,411,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbain View Post
Wow. Not lies I have the facts which I can't post because moderators normally removed the links. The figures on the crime I listed above are FACTS and actually came from this site. LOL. Yet I am lying? I also have other sites in which I can compare city to city and state to state. Or would you prefer the FBI stats....ooops. Almost let the cat out of the bag.

I read the entire article...and yes...they were pumping cancer causing agents into the air and yes the crime is high. Of course they did leave out certain facts to the public since money does talk. wink, wink...but I am sure you guys are going to say that is false also...really...who do you work for? That is what I thought.

That is the problem with South Texas...people want to believe that non of this crap happens...to much pride. How pathetic is that. My job took me to California once and I did think certain areas were stunningly beautiful, great food, lots to do BUT I was glad to get out of there because I CAN ADMIT when things are bad and that area was BAD. You people need to do the same. People that can't admit what goes on, turn the other cheek. Those are the ones responsible for all the crap going on...because if they united and stood together and take action...crime, corruption...would be lowered....instead it's up to people like...

I bet if you did not live in South Texas...if instead you lived in the Hill Country or East Texas or anywhere then those you would be defending those place. How lame. I am done with this. I can't stand having converstations with the blind and ignorant.
Nobody is defending anything. We are just saying whats are the facts and what are the lies. And most of which you say are lies. And its funny, South Texas is very beautiful. I dont quite know what it is, but its unique and stunning. And yes, I have been out of South Texas. As a matter of a fact I have been out of the State, and out of the US. I have been to another continent. I have been in the Alps and Rockies. I have been to Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, New York, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Mexico, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, England, France, and Luxembourg. Sure those are very very beutiful places, but South Texas just has something unique to it that those places dont have.

And as I said, I have lived in Corpus for 17 years. Out of those 17 years, only one person I know has had anything happen to them. Their house was broken into and a VCR was stolen. Lol. Corpus is not that bad. Plus San Antonio and Houston and Dallas all have worse air quality than Corpus.

Oh ya, and remember you said Corpus was one of the top 15 worst places to live. Where is the info. I want to see it.

I swear the stupidity, snobbishness and cockiness of some people just **** me off so bad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi