Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 10:24 AM

9,352 posts, read 19,958,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsizzler View Post
Oh, it is quite heavenly! Didn't you used to live here? Seems like I recall you doing so..

.. and as far as the heat goes after April, I don't mind it at all. We get such a good seabreeze here, that it completely mitigates the worst of it. Coming from N. Texas, I can tell you its night and day difference. The heat up there during the summer is like a blast furnace! The summer of 2000 saw over 70 days of 100 degree plus weather where I lived at (Wichita Falls). That summer, I drove a concrete mixer truck with no air conditioning. Just had the windows down. It was the most miserable summer I can remember of!

So, is Corpus Christi a good place to move to? If you like nearly year round warm weather, lots of outdoorsy things to do, beaches, fishing, water sports, living just over 2 hours from San Antonio, great hispanic and TexMex flavor, you will absolutely love it here! I know I do!

Ian

yep ... born and reared in Houston .... spent a LOT of time from the early 70's to the mid 80's in the Rockport area.... (Goose Island, SeaGun, etc.) finally sold my mother's house there in oh, about 1999.... moved here in 1986 and now can not wait to come home.... stuck here for probably 5 more years though... gotta recoup enough equity in my house to make the move....

thinking i want to land in Victoria area, though.... close enough to the coast to be close, but far enough inland that I can afford to insure a house...... ...... close enough to Houston and Corpus for easy day trips if the mood strikes..... what could be better??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 10:09 PM

2 posts, read 3,780 times
I just want to temporarily move from Hell aka (Houston), to Corpus for some decent surf/fishing/water sports. I'm a 22 year old college student that needs out of Houston...... Corpus seems like the cheapest place for me to go first. (that is nice)

Old 03-11-2011, 09:16 AM

135 posts, read 497,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtx View Post
Here it is,,, the 28th of Feb,,, could we have a more perfect day?

Outside temp is 75f, and the humidity is 29%, winds are semi-calm, and my wife's herbs and tomatoes are growing like crazy in the garden.

It just doesn't get any better than today.

Is Corpus Christi is a good place to move? That depends on what you want from life.
you just brought a tear to my eye. i love corpus and miss it very much. we had temps hit 102 last week here in laredo...aka hell.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:23 PM

61 posts, read 196,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
It is a big stretch to call it WINTER, its more like spring in many places.
lol yeah you're right about that. its more like summer summer summer spring
to people up north. the lowest it usually gets is in the 30's

Old 03-15-2011, 01:26 PM

61 posts, read 196,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtx View Post
Here it is,,, the 28th of Feb,,, could we have a more perfect day?

Outside temp is 75f, and the humidity is 29%, winds are semi-calm, and my wife's herbs and tomatoes are growing like crazy in the garden.

It just doesn't get any better than today.

Is Corpus Christi is a good place to move? That depends on what you want from life.
hey, Feb 28, is my birthday

Old 03-15-2011, 01:29 PM

11 posts, read 13,553 times
I'm originally from Corpus so I have to say it's a great place. Maybe not for everyone. Yes, it gets hot. Yes, there are bad areas. My best advice is to go visit and spend a couple a days driving around. You'll see it's alot like other areas. Good and Bad in any city. It's not a really large city like Houston (that's where I live now) but I kinda like that. Comutes aren't bad so you could pretty much live outside the city and get a little country life going for you and your family. Not sure if that's somehting you'd be interested in. Go check it out and let us know what you think. As hard as it is to find jobs it might be somehting you should consider. (?)

Old 06-18-2011, 05:08 PM

2 posts, read 2,954 times
hey,I'm from Denver and I was planning on going to CC here in the near future.I've heard nothing but good things about it.I've never been there and I was thinking that if it was as nice as portrayed I might even stay.I just cant handle these nasty winters here anymore.And I dont care about the high end stores and all,fancy restaurants,etc.Hell,I'm from Denver and a place like Wal-Mart and Village Inn would suit me just fine.Plus I was curious if you can hang on the beach with your buddies with fire and brew?Never been to a beach so I dont know how that kind of stuff works(you know,ads showing people havin' a good time by the fire just kickin' it)I dont really know what to expect,any help?I'm a visual artist and I also do alot of custom pinstriping for autos and such.How are the jobs there?Probably just as bad as Denver,huh?

Old 06-21-2011, 08:59 PM

2 posts, read 4,095 times
I don't know how winters are in Denver, never been there, but I was born and raised here in Texas. You better be ready for the hot ass summers here! I've lived in north and south Texas, no matter where you go, it feels like you're baking when you step outside in the summers. Corpus Christi is a pretty small city, I'm from Dallas so the "traffic" here is absolutely nothing in comparison to big city traffic. The major grocery stores here are HEBs and Super Walmart, there's one fairly decent mall here. San Antonio is about 2 1/2 hrs away. Just avoid the Leopard St. part of Corpus, at least that's what everyone from Corpus always tells me. The beaches are about 15 min. away from here, some parts you need a parking permit to park on the beach, $12. Other parts don't require a parking permit, you can just drive along down the beach and park where ever you please Just need to be careful about the loose sand, it's really, really easy to get stuck, I've seen it happen a lot to cars and trucks alike. You can camp out, build a bonfire, just no glass containers on the beach. If you do decide to camp out, I recommend a lot of cushioning to sleep on, that sand hurts like hell when you try to sleep on it! It's also pretty damn windy and humid down here, I've been here almost a year and still can't get used to it. I don't know if you'd be into it, but they have public viewings of the Kemps Ridley sea turtle hatchlings release at the Padre Island National Seashore now until I think the end of July. As far as jobs, I have no clue about that, just here for college! Hope I helped a bit

Old 06-22-2011, 07:54 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,625,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbras View Post
I don't know how winters are in Denver, never been there, but I was born and raised here in Texas. You better be ready for the hot ass summers here! I've lived in north and south Texas, no matter where you go, it feels like you're baking when you step outside in the summers. Corpus Christi is a pretty small city, I'm from Dallas so the "traffic" here is absolutely nothing in comparison to big city traffic. The major grocery stores here are HEBs and Super Walmart, there's one fairly decent mall here. San Antonio is about 2 1/2 hrs away. Just avoid the Leopard St. part of Corpus, at least that's what everyone from Corpus always tells me. The beaches are about 15 min. away from here, some parts you need a parking permit to park on the beach, $12. Other parts don't require a parking permit, you can just drive along down the beach and park where ever you please Just need to be careful about the loose sand, it's really, really easy to get stuck, I've seen it happen a lot to cars and trucks alike. You can camp out, build a bonfire, just no glass containers on the beach. If you do decide to camp out, I recommend a lot of cushioning to sleep on, that sand hurts like hell when you try to sleep on it! It's also pretty damn windy and humid down here, I've been here almost a year and still can't get used to it. I don't know if you'd be into it, but they have public viewings of the Kemps Ridley sea turtle hatchlings release at the Padre Island National Seashore now until I think the end of July. As far as jobs, I have no clue about that, just here for college! Hope I helped a bit
Just wanted to point out that the parking permit is $12 per year.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:37 PM

2 posts, read 4,095 times
Oopsies! Thanks for pointing that out, Marlow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi