Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 08:14 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,397,616 times

Advertisements

Can someone give some real insight into crime in Corpus Christi? Are break-ins (both cars and homes) as frequent as one would gather from from blogs I have read?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 08:51 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,410,816 times
Definently not! Corpus does not have bad crime. My dad is a police officer for the city. I really know what goes on. Break ins do happen. But its not very common. Just stay out of the northside or westside. It is very unlikely you would get mugged here or anything.

Corpus only gets about 20 murders a year. Compare that to San Antonio with at least 100 or Houston who has about 300.

Our crime rate isn't as bad as people say or put it as.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:59 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
I think it depends on where you live. In our neighborhood things might disappear from your garage if it's not locked but I rarely hear about a house burglary. People leave their cars in their driveways and in the street overnight all the time and I don't think they'd do that if car burglaries or thefts were a real problem. Also, when the weather is mild (November to April) we often sleep with the windows open and have never had any sort of a problem related to that.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:10 AM

2 posts, read 7,085 times
Okay, in my opinion, if you dont go looking for trouble in C.C., you wont find it! I have lived here my whole life, right now I feel safe going to an ATM at 3 A.M., going to a store alone in the middle of the night if for some reason I have to. I park my car in front of my house, hardly ever lock my doors, never been stolen broken into. ( one time some kids maybe 14, 15 years old stole a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper from my car) I have lived off of Gollihar (not a great area) but not horrible, Everheart, Weber, S.Alameda, and now live off Enis Joslin. I cant say we dont have gang members and drug dealers, because we do....who doesnt, but as long as you dont associate with them you wont have a problem. As a matter of fact I used to be a bartender and some of these guys actually where very respectful. So I guess what I am trying to say is if you dont do drugs, are not in a gang,dont party all night, or live bad area(they are pretty easy to spot) You probably wont even notice these folks!!

Old 06-30-2008, 01:39 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,520,885 times
gabe if you really understood crime, you would cite an index. Of course Houston will have more murders, it has more people. Corpus is a poorer town and they gangs can't afford as good weapons as in Houston. Corpus has lots of drive by shootings but maybe not as many die.

Having said this- I like Corpus its cheap to live and parts are really scenic. Its also, along with Buffalo, the most drivable US city. On the other hand its poor, has low education and high obesity.

A good choice if you like the area is Rockport. Good schools, every street is safe. Unfortunately for me there are a lot more men than women here -especially over 40 because they come for boating, fishing, yachting and construction.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:04 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
There is so little crime in CC they have to bus in bad guys from Houston just to give their police something to do on the weekends. They bus them back on Monday mornings.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:44 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,952,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There is so little crime in CC they have to bus in bad guys from Houston just to give their police something to do on the weekends. They bus them back on Monday mornings.
Well that and the Gang Bangers that drive down from San Antonio..

Old 06-30-2008, 07:01 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Well that and the Gang Bangers that drive down from San Antonio..
The price of gas may keep them closer to home.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:07 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,379,719 times
spend a night in the ER at Memorial and you will see a very ugly side of CC

Old 06-30-2008, 08:02 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,482,956 times
Pretty much any emergency room has that problem, no matter where you go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi