Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2009, 06:12 PM

1,678 posts, read 4,010,962 times

Advertisements

Well, I decided to go about a mile down the road (along Up River Rd to near Sharpsburg Rd in the Calallen area), and visit the Pollywog Pond Bird & Wildlife Sanctuary. Its a really neat place! Lots of neat foresty type areas with a potential to see some interesting wildlife. Anyhow, I took some pictures (once again, on the cell phone camera). Enjoy!

Pollywog entrance gate

Map of the Wildlife Sanctuary

No feeding yourselves to the animals!!

Starting down the trail

A small gully hidden in the trees

Scenic!

Another shot of the trail

Grasses and trees

Nice skyline!

Bridges of Nueces County...

Photo shack

Northwest Pond

Pretty shot of the NW Pond

Northwest Pond part deux

A River Runs Through It

North Pond

Trail on the back side of the N. Pond

North Pond revisited!

Another shot of the North Pond backside

Ian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 08:20 PM

162 posts, read 705,553 times
I'm in this area, too (Violet Rd./Up River) and never knew this place existed. How neat is that? And your phone takes some of the best pics! Looks like I'll have to do me some explorin'. :-p

Old 04-13-2009, 07:45 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
I've never even heard of that place. We'l have to check it out. Thanks for the pictures!

Old 04-19-2009, 10:02 AM
SOM

124 posts, read 481,072 times
I've never heard of this place either....very cool! Thanks for the info and pics (which are quite nice for a cell phone!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi