Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 03:54 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,692,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
I don't suffer fools well and I know that Gabe has heard and read people complain about refineries.

Just read the posts you like, and talk to the people you like, its a free country believe it or not!

Maybe you didn't like the thread on area schools either- perhaps you knew it all and didn't want facts annoying you. That's life.

Las Brisas and the refineries are bad for our area's health and its reputation, and that's more important than what one anonymous poster thinks of another.
It's completely possible to disgree with someone without being an ass, even if you're anonymous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 05:06 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,517,546 times
You're right it is possible to disagree without being disagreeable- note my post about area schools when someone claimed London ISD should have been included.

You're missing the point however, Its not his opinion I'm disagreeing with as much as the outright LIE that he never heard/read complaints about the refineries. There was a thread here, there have been a hundred news stories about times when the refineries violated emissions/pollution laws, it has been on local tv -its been on city-data.com, its been in the Caller-Times and Coastal Bend Herald.

Its not just any lie - someone could say " I never met or saw anyone who voted for Bush ? Obama etc. The average person would say well X got 40% of the vote and so I know people voted for him. No big deal - no harm done.

In this case however City-Data.com is visited by many people who are considering moving to the area and I suppose someone might think "gee if no one has ever complained about the refineries and they are ok" why not move my family next to one- the houses sure are cheap"

That and the fact that I caught him in the past posting "facts" that were clearly wrong got me angry.

We can disagree on this too " The most obnoxious ass, is better than the nicest liar"

I stand by my post.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:49 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,407,913 times
I never said I was for Las Brisas. But I am definitely not against it. It has it's positive effects, and it has its negatives. I guess I should have kept my mouth shut about this topic because it will not affect me positively or negatively. I am kind of neutral on the subject. But if I were to have a choice I would rather have clean industrial businesses moving into the area rather than dirty ones. Like that solar panel manufacturing company that is considering moving their company to CC. Has anyone heard about that by the way?

[Mod Cut personal attack]

Last edited by Oildog; 09-14-2009 at 04:07 PM..

Old 09-08-2009, 10:08 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,517,546 times
Gabe you assume everyone is dumb - I did not call you out for your position on Las Brisas, it was for saying you never saw anyone complaining about the refineries. Read what you said and what I said again - it was dishonest and could mislead any of the readers who might move there.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:27 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,407,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
So what, this city is filled with refineries already and nobody has complained until now. (Recently)

Its not like you are going to live by the damn thing. So it wont affect you.
Everything in red shouldn't have been included. Never have I said I think anyone is dumb. Nor am I lying, just stating the truth. It would bring a lot of positive things economically for the city of Corpus Christi. Which the city is desperately in need of. But on the contrary, it can also cause health issues for some citizens and make Corpus a bit dirtier to an outsider.

I am neither for it nor against it. Either way, I am happy and it won't matter one bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi