U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 09:10 PM

6 posts, read 10,691 times

Advertisements

Yes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 11:23 AM

10 posts, read 14,990 times
If you like to be around ignorant people, run down buildings, lack of decent entertainment, a non-existent social scene, high crime rates, high taxes, and extremely high insurance rates, Corpus Christi is the place for you. If you find these things to be unappealing, move somewhere else. Corpus Christi is great for a three day weekend (if you are careful about where you stay and what attractions you visit), but if you stay longer, more often than not, you will be quite happy to leave and not return.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:29 PM

2 posts, read 6,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanksABunch View Post
(I apologize if similar questions post twice. My first post mysteriously disappeared!)

So...I just read a terribly negative post about Corpus with several responses that agreed (Quality of life in Corpus thread).

Good lord, is it really that bad?: high crime, discrimination, religious nuts, ignorance and lack of friendliness, bad climate, etc, etc.

I'd love to hear from Corpus folks who like their town and why.

I may be moving to Rockport or Port Aransas...and will be in Corpus now and again for shopping, etc.

Is it really that bad?
I was born and raised in So Cal and have lived in Ohio as well. We now live in Texas and I find they have extremely nice and friendly people. If you judge any area based on your own home experience than you can miss the beauty anywhere else. We love Port Aransas and Rockport, which is where we go to the beach locally

Old 06-24-2010, 12:15 PM

2,086 posts, read 2,111,217 times
I don't live there, but visit family every year there and I am not impressed with the area.
They are complaining about the spike in crime. All I have to say is, luckily they have a gun in the home because they have had to use it (pull it, not shoot it) more than once in their own home. They have a security system, too, but the theives don't care. They've had property stolen, and 4 home break ins, all while they were home.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:48 AM

15,212 posts, read 16,134,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
I don't live there, but visit family every year there and I am not impressed with the area.
They are complaining about the spike in crime. All I have to say is, luckily they have a gun in the home because they have had to use it (pull it, not shoot it) more than once in their own home. They have a security system, too, but the theives don't care. They've had property stolen, and 4 home break ins, all while they were home.
What part of town do they live in? We don't have a security system and our home has never been broken into. I hear about the occasional theft of things from cars, and once we had someone take some things out of our garage when the side door was unlocked, but no one I know has ever had a break-in while they were home.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:56 PM

245 posts, read 697,909 times
DarkWave seems to have some personal issues. Anyone who is bored in CC or thinks there's nothing to do is usually a boring and unhappy individual. There are so many things going on at any given time there is no reason to ever sit at home bored. Corpus Christi is "not that bad" as this forum states. There are a select few who love to hate on it and tend to flood these forums with there ridiculous claims. I'm not saying everyone has to love Corpus Christi but anyone who can't see the beauty in it...I feel extremely sad for. Some people just don't get it.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:20 AM

350 posts, read 958,079 times
I agree. Over and over I see it on the Houston forum, even the Hawaii forum - anywhere has to be better than where they are now…maybe just disgruntled youth or people who’ve never traveled and don’t realize how good their own cities are? This place is better than that place…on and on. They need to be careful what they wish for when they are so quick to point out perceived flaws as their lack of appreciation reeks of a kind of artlessness, naivety and inexperience.

Re Corpus: gripe there’s not enough to do, it’s not *progressive* enough, too hot, not *cool* and trendy, beaches aren’t like they are in Florida, too this, too that. I wonder how they would feel if all of a sudden the things that make Corpus unique just disappeared – the laid back coastal lifestyle, lack of pretense, the relatively reasonable cost of living, the clanging of the sails at the T-heads, a picnic on the beach in the fall, the lack of bigger city ills, (traffic jams, high-stress, more crime). Those are just some of the reasons why many of us love it just the way it is.

No matter where we hang our hats, in the end, most people are just living their lives, working, raising kids, vacationing once-in-awhile - sometimes exciting, sometimes routine and mundane...it’s called LIFE.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:52 PM

455 posts, read 1,115,387 times
I take back everything I said....Yes it is that bad. We moved. Although I may have to go back for 2 yrs for work.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:17 PM

12 posts, read 28,025 times
Geeze what happened?

Old 07-02-2010, 07:11 PM

135 posts, read 414,298 times
corpus is great. i never realized how great it was until we moved to Laredo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi