Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 01:19 AM

53 posts, read 179,160 times

Advertisements

I recently saw a job opening in Three Rivers, but know nothing about it except I have heard that it is humid and there are bugs, are those two things real that bad? What is it like? Is there much to do? Is it heavily religious, would one who is not Christian be alright? Is there crime? Are there rentals? I can't seem to find any on Craigslist. Does any one have any pictures? Is it a good place to raise a kid? When googling it I keep seeing things about hunting, would a vegetarian go hungry? It's Texas, so I guessing it's conservative, but how much? Is it open to different races and gays? Thanks for any insight! I really appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 06:23 AM

135 posts, read 498,860 times
there isn't much in three rivers. main employer is the valero refinery. hardly any crime, mostly country style town with super nice folks.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:22 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
It's basically a small Texas town that in addition to Valero, boasts a federal prison camp. One probably doesn't need to be religious to fit in, but in general, I doubt if a gay vegetarian would be very happy there. There's certainly not much to do if you're not interested in hunting or fishing. And yes, it will be hot, humid and buggy. That's South Texas in general.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:51 PM

484 posts, read 1,631,083 times
Yep, Three Rivers is just a wide place in a not very busy road with a population of about 2,000 ppl. The best that can be said for it is that it's a short drive to San Antonio. Hot and humid will be the norm, but in south TX we think of the bugs as part of the wildlife, I'd be more concerned with the snake and alligator population around the lake.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:16 PM

Well I'm conflicted. I went from thinking "thats sounds nice" to "eek god" in just three short posts. Bug's as part of wildlife? No no no. I currently battle flying roaches and even though they are the norm, they are still the enemy. Alligators? So does that mean that one can not go in the lake? I am definitely ANTI-hunting and fishing, but I'm not preachy, too each his own. How are the winters, does humid mean there is a lot of rain, any electrical storms? Anyone know if there are many rentals?

Old 03-04-2010, 01:04 AM

135 posts, read 498,860 times
winters are mild in south texas, some rain. you could always live in Mathis, its between Corpus and 3 rivers. I have not heard of anyone being injured by a gator, but enter at your own risk.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:03 AM

484 posts, read 1,631,083 times
I have not heard of 'gators in Lake CC either, however on a recent trip to Choke Canyon, (Three Rivers), I was told by the park rangers not to let my labrador pup fetch sticks thrown into the water as she might end up being dinner for the resident gators. So, according to the people who manage the lake, there are some uglies living there.

We also have the occasional gator spotted in our canals in the outlaying communities, there is a photo hanging on the wall at the Oxy Cemical plant at Ingleside of a 10 footer lounging in a canal ditch just waiting for something tasty to wander within reach. I personally observed a 6 footer casually cruising the beach at Port Lavaca a couple of years ago.

So,,, poo-poo the idea of some nasties living within our community if you insist, but I know for certain they are there.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:57 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,519,025 times
I own some acreage on the north part of Lake Corpus Christi- 1.4 miles west of the I-37 Swinney Switch Exit. Its a nice area and less humid than the coast. People are friendly and Live Oak County has the nicest fairest attitude about property taxes that I've seen in Texas. George West has a good school district- not sure about Three Rivers. Its a friendly and safe area. Lots of wildlife. Let me know if you go there.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:44 PM

That sounds nice, how is the commute from there?

Old 03-07-2010, 01:30 AM

Does anyone have any pictures?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi