Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2010, 09:08 AM

51 posts, read 109,231 times

Advertisements

First time cruiser, expen$ive for me, and now RAIN forecast, 60 percent chance for two of the 5 days in Bermuda, 5 days starting July 10. YIKES. Suggestions? I won't do spas, etc. Just wanted to sit in the sun by the pool, and see the sites from the railing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 09:46 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedardra View Post
First time cruiser, expen$ive for me, and now RAIN forecast, 60 percent chance for two of the 5 days in Bermuda, 5 days starting July 10. YIKES. Suggestions? I won't do spas, etc. Just wanted to sit in the sun by the pool, and see the sites from the railing!
Ask them if they can turn off the rain.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:55 AM

10,207 posts, read 17,859,740 times
Well, it may not be the same as in the Caribbean but if it is, you don't have to worry, the rain won't last the whole day. Plus, the forecast could very well change between now and then, forecasts beyond a few days usually aren't hugely accurate and you've still got more than a week between now and then.

If it does rain, I'm not really sure what to suggest since you said you're not interested in doing anything but sitting in the sun or watching the sights from the balcony. If it was me, I would definitely do a spa day and/or just hang out at the bar drinking. Some cruise ships have tons more stuff than that though and often have different daily activities so I would check out what they offer that is indoors.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:01 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
Weather is always a concern on vacation ..... maybe even moreso when you rely on a ship

weather can keep you from docking at port and weather can eliminate some of the outside activities making it a little more congested inside

from what I've seen there are two things that should help calm the nerves

the first being that these ships tend to be massive with so much going on inside ..... you should be able to find something relaxing to do inside, even if you aren't soaking up rays and without spending much money

the second is that although it's not in the carribean and isn't subject to a "rainy season" per se .... it does reain frequently there ..... you're generally looking at 210-220 days with rain per year .... when you look at the total rainfall for the year it works out to be about 1/4 inch of rain per day of rain

july & august are the rainiest with 5-6" of rain per month

so you'll very likely have some rain ..... it will probably be a pretty good shower, it probably won't last more than an hour or so and you should have sun on both sides of it (unless it's a night time shower which is very possible)

i think the weather aspect that would be most trying is the humidity that comes with the systems

Old 07-02-2010, 10:05 AM

51 posts, read 109,231 times
Thank you for your help, Charles.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:21 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Yeah if it's like in the carribean, or Florida, no worries - it's sunny, then it rains every afternoon, quick thunderstrom, then the sun comes out again.
Bermuda isn't in the tropical belt however.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:28 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times
Most of the time when it rains in tropical areas like that the rain last 30mins sun for a few hours rain again etc.. Or it is sunny and hot in the morning 8am-1pm then rains from 3-5pm then nice again. But it all depends on what type of weather system is out there. But july 10th its WAY too early to tell. 1-2 days is the best for weather prediction. Anything more is really a good guess.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:05 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
When you're at sea, if there is an isolated shower, the Captain will try to avoid it....sort of neat to watch as you veer away from the cloud!
On land, it's still going to be hot, so at least, should it rain, you won't be chilled! Rain happens almost everyday, except in Aruba...but it's seldom long-lived. You'll be fine, and come home with a tan...no fear! Even if it's cloudy, you can burn, so do use some sunscreen!

Old 07-13-2010, 09:01 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,400,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedardra View Post
Well, it's 7/13/10 ~~ hope you are having a great cruise!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises