U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 05:40 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,947,587 times

Advertisements

I agree that people appreciate the effort.
Pick up an Italian phrasebook.
Lonely Planet has a nice phrasebook that also has Latin, which can come in handy in Italy when you're looking at the ruins.
My kids always enjoyed the Roman ruins no matter what European country we visited--those Romans (and Venetians) sure got around back in the day.
While I'm not big on cruises I do understand that they can provide a sort of *comfort zone* as well as a potpourri of destinations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 12:11 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,500,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I'm a little concerned about the language issue- will I be ok with little to no knowledge of italian or would you recommend I take a class?

I was leaning toward the cruise mainly because of that- but would love to travel the country---- Minnie Mouse, I will send you a message later for some assistance.

Everyone, THANK YOU for the advice!
Ok! If I can help you..I'm very happy! I'm waiting for to receive your pm!

For Americans.... that and over!

I love USA and American people!!!!

PS: sorry in advance for my terrible English

ciao

Old 09-12-2007, 12:19 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,500,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I concur ! Corsica, Sicily and Sardinia are also gorgeous places and would fab from a cruise ship too.
Oh yes! For me it's the same.

Between these islands...about the sea, the best is Sardinia!

Check on internet for example "Stintino" and "La pelosa" beach.
It's Italian Carriben

Sicily is more historic (for ex. "La valle dei templi" in Agrigento).

Do you like a cruise or do you prefer to go around Italy by car?

I have never been in a cruise...one day, my dream is to do a Disney Cruise ( I love Disney)!!!!!!

For the others....I prefer to be free. I like travelling by flight and drive!

Italy is "small" respect American States.
How many days do you have at your disposal?

Here, the principal port are "Genova"- "Venezia"-"Civitavecchia"-"Olbia"-"Palermo".

Have you seen the website that I have posted you?
It's in English and you can receive more information...

Old 09-12-2007, 10:52 AM

5,014 posts, read 4,268,997 times
I agree with hiring cars outside the cruise. It is the best thing. There are always car rental offices just by the cruise ships and their price is 1/4 of the cruise ships. Also as you would be driving, you can go anywhere instead of following a group of people.

We did this in the Carribean and it was fantastic. We got to see lots.
d

Old 08-26-2010, 09:54 AM

3 posts, read 1,881 times
Package tours Turkey offers you the best price and service in Istanbuland all Turkey. St. Sophie, Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque, BasilicaCistern are only a minute away from our office. Turkey tours, ephesus travel, cappadocia tour, trip in gallipoli - Tour operator - Istanbul, Turkey, Ephesus, Cappadocia, Vacation TTG - Package tours turkey provide all kind of Turkey Tours such as Cappadocia, Ephesus, Gallipoli, Troy, Pamukkale, Mediterranean.We're providing opportunity of having regular Blacksea tours to meet with green Blacksea uplands and also we're offering regular East Turkey tours which let you to dive in totally authentic East Culture and you to watch sunrise from Mountain Nemrut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or