U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 07:59 PM

10,736 posts, read 31,792,495 times

Advertisements

I found the water in the Bahamas pretty cold in March as well as St. Maarten. However the nude beach on the French side was gorgeous.

The shopping on St. Thomas was nice but next time I think I would like to take a boat over to St. John, I have heard its wonderful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 08:43 PM

28,242 posts, read 39,901,543 times
Slight side trip here: Last night I won a Caribbean cruise playing on line poker. 4 day cruise and 4 days in Orlando. Web site is absolutely free. No credit card required, nada. Advertisers cover their cost.

Ya gotta love the Internet!

Old 11-03-2007, 08:12 PM

2,866 posts, read 8,466,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Slight side trip here: Last night I won a Caribbean cruise playing on line poker. 4 day cruise and 4 days in Orlando. Web site is absolutely free. No credit card required, nada. Advertisers cover their cost.

Ya gotta love the Internet!
Be very careful about this. It sounds like a time share deal. Also, what ship are they saying. If they ask you for any amount of money, you don't give them a dime. There are lots of scams everyday, offering a free cruise Vacation.

To the OP, -Would you prefer a cruise that cruises the Eastern Carribean, Southern, or Western Caribbean.
Do you want to leave from Tampa, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, LA, NY, NJ, San Juan, Galveston Tx. There are only a sampling of Ports. I have gone on 15 cruises.Next one, MED, from Barcelona, Spain.
Diane G

Old 11-03-2007, 08:19 PM

55,667 posts, read 74,628,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastra View Post
Hi, me and my husband were thinking about going on a cruise around Caribbeans...I was wondering did any of you have experience with ANY cruising "destination", how did you like it...?This would be the first - time "cruise" for me and my husband...Thanks.
if i understood the question any cruise destination.
i like puerta vallarta

Old 11-04-2007, 05:31 AM

1,115 posts, read 3,238,859 times
Love cruises! I heard a funny description of cruising the other day. It said that cruises are for women. Instead of the woman doing all of the cooking and cleaning the entire ship's staff works to all of the work.
We have been on quite a few. We enjoyed the Virgin Islands and an Alaskan cruise the best.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:20 PM

2,013 posts, read 4,996,265 times
I've been on Carnival (great deals, but loads of kids) Norwegian (mediocre, nice facilities, activities, no dress up dinners, although the dinner seatings a little sketchy, do your research about the "freestyle dining" concept carefully) and Royal Caribbean (2x) still find them hard to beat for small ship to Bermuda and big ship in Caribbean. The activities are plentiful, their schedule is full and they adhere to it. Staff goes out of their way to assist and try and get to know you. My advice is to take the early seating for meals, they are never finished on time and the later seating is always much later than scheduled, often makes you miss the evening show or activities. If cruising during the summer you may want to take the later dinner hour to take advantage of longer daylight, but in winter time, once it gets dark the air gets cool and the pool and decks not so inviting.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:35 PM

28,242 posts, read 39,901,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Be very careful about this. It sounds like a time share deal. Also, what ship are they saying. If they ask you for any amount of money, you don't give them a dime. There are lots of scams everyday, offering a free cruise Vacation.

To the OP, -Would you prefer a cruise that cruises the Eastern Carribean, Southern, or Western Caribbean.
Do you want to leave from Tampa, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, LA, NY, NJ, San Juan, Galveston Tx. There are only a sampling of Ports. I have gone on 15 cruises.Next one, MED, from Barcelona, Spain.
Diane G
Others who have won them report you pay travel to/from Orlando, nothing else. I think these folks are on the up and up. So far I've received checks in the amount of $95.00 for playing and winning.

When I get the papers I will report back.

Thanks for the caution. I do understand the thought.

BTW if anyone wants DM me and I'll give you the web sites. No personal interest or affiliation.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:35 PM

55,667 posts, read 74,628,627 times
puerta vallarta is good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises