U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-24-2007, 12:05 PM

2 posts, read 14,246 times

Advertisements

Considering a vacation by my self (all my friends are married, with kids, or without the finances to go) -what are singles cruises really like - I don't want to end up in a 20 something meat market, seeing as I am in my mid 30's...

Thanks for insights...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 01:00 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,492,300 times
The organizer would know best about the specific cruises you're interested in. I've never been on one but I've seen several ads that mention specific age groups. You may want to consider one of those as opposed to one billed as a a generic singles cruise.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:39 PM

24,822 posts, read 28,320,400 times
Moving this to travel, since you'll get more info there...

For the record, I've been on many cruises, but never a singles one. Though I have a feeling you'd be just the right age, as it doesn't seem like a 20-something type of activity (they wouldn't generally spend that kind of money alone).

Old 11-24-2007, 06:48 PM

422 posts, read 860,783 times
I have looked at singles cruises as I too am in the same situation as you have stated. I have chose not to go as the supplement for a single room is a bit much.. I have found that they often room you with another single. That is not my idea of a relaxing vacation to room with someone I do not know.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:25 PM

2,032 posts, read 4,007,902 times
Default Singles

I took a singles cruise when there was a company called "Singleworld". Basically, the travel company booked a single person into his/her own cabin and offered special gatherings of singles in different lounges onboard. The company went out of business and I'm not aware of singles cruises. I know for specialized single Gay & Lesbians its a big business. Cruising on most of the big ships is very "couples oriented". The tables in the dining rooms are designed for two or four. Even if you go alone you will be forced to sit at a table with strangers. I think singles can do better on tours where you don't feel like such an outcast. My advice is to get someone to travel with you on a cruise.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:47 PM

1 posts, read 8,608 times
Singles Cruises are offered today by about six major players! You can find them in the search engines. The most professional of these will tell you how many are in their groups. The larger the group, the more word has gotten out that they are really good ones. If you don't want to pay extra (A Single-Supplement) for your own cabin, share with someone through the company's share program. Usually these Singles group Cruises are affordable, just a bit over the normal rate .... plus being in the group, you will receive complimentary cocktail parties, free dance lessons, special karaoke group night etc etc. Being with a group of Singles is like being with a family aboard ship. Rather than sailing alone .. not knowing if there will be ANY singles aboard a ship, I would definitely choose to join a (Professional, experienced) company's Singles Group Cruise. My experience is that they are really fun .. and the right ones offer the atmosphere to meet that special someone, a REAL BONUS! The larger the group, the more chance that ALL AGES will be a part! I don't know why, but Halloween usually attracts the MOST SINGLES!

Last edited by cruiseguy77; 05-06-2009 at 06:50 PM.. Reason: Connecting sentences
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises