Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 06:38 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,430,543 times

Advertisements

I am currently planning a birthday cruise for a good friend of mine and have narrowed our search down to the following three, which of the following is the best option? Which ship out of these three is the best? We are looking for the best overall experience and the ship with the best/most amenities, cost is not a factor as all three have comparable fares.

3-night Bahamas Cruise - Royal Caribbean Enchanment of the Seas
4-night Western Caribbean Cruise - Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas
3-night Bahamas Cruise - Carnival Sensation

Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 02:22 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnight View Post
I am currently planning a birthday cruise for a good friend of mine and have narrowed our search down to the following three, which of the following is the best option? Which ship out of these three is the best? We are looking for the best overall experience and the ship with the best/most amenities, cost is not a factor as all three have comparable fares.

3-night Bahamas Cruise - Royal Caribbean Enchanment of the Seas
4-night Western Caribbean Cruise - Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas
3-night Bahamas Cruise - Carnival Sensation

Thank you in advance!
I would choose a 4 day over a 3 any day. Even a 4 dayer isn't long enough to get a good feeling but it is better than just a long weekend. I also would choose RCI over Carnival, but that is simply a matter of opinion.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:38 PM

44,619 posts, read 61,571,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I would choose a 4 day over a 3 any day. Even a 4 dayer isn't long enough to get a good feeling but it is better than just a long weekend. I also would choose RCI over Carnival, but that is simply a matter of opinion.
^^^Agree, 4 days, the first day is usually a tiring one with all the hustle and bustle activities you'll encounter getting to and checking in etc.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:41 PM

503 posts, read 1,203,653 times
In the past I have been on Royal Caribbean and just recently I went on the Carnival Dream. I did have a great time on both but RCI was nicer/classier/better food/better entertainment.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:01 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,591,306 times
I agree with everyone else. RCC and at least a 4 day so you might get away from the drink until you drop crowd

Old 10-10-2014, 06:14 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,987,564 times
4 nights is better than 3...no matter which line!

Old 10-24-2014, 10:06 PM

118 posts, read 157,268 times
Brilliance of the Seas is one of my favorite ships. So much glass! The solarium is live heaven. I'll be on it for about the 6th time later this year!

Enjoy, you'll love it!

Old 10-26-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momzdrm View Post
Brilliance of the Seas is one of my favorite ships. So much glass! The solarium is live heaven. I'll be on it for about the 6th time later this year!

Enjoy, you'll love it!
wow, 6 times on one ship; you must really like it. I have only done 3 times on the same ship, I will be doing my third on another one next spring, mainly because of the itinerary.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wow, 6 times on one ship; you must really like it. I have only done 3 times on the same ship, I will be doing my third on another one next spring, mainly because of the itinerary.
our choice of doing the same ship for the third time doesn't mean we love the ship, but it is nice: it in the NCL Pearl. We choose the itinerary, which is usually the reason we choose a ship. That and the fact we happen to be top of the line frequent cruisers on NCL. The perks make it worth going over and over. We will be doing St. Martin (certainly not new to us and St Thomas, the same. ) But we are doing Martinique, totally new: St Kitts, we have been there once but just got off the ship, bought some cheap native made earrings and got back on and Antiqua. The only time there, it was raining so we stayed on the ship.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:48 PM

503 posts, read 1,203,653 times
If you like French perfume Martinique has some serious discounts on it. My ex love channel #5 and we got a fantastic deal on it there. Not sure but I think Martinique is or was a French possession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises