U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2008, 11:06 AM

604 posts, read 4,308,825 times

Advertisements

I am looking to book a carnival cruise out of Florida (1st choice Pt Canaveral)this late June early July for family w/ 2 young children.

The going rates now are about $3600 for one oceanview cabin...if I wait longer will rates drop even though it's their high season?

In the past we've gone w/o kids during off times for super low prices and this is a little sticker shock.

What are some comparable rates others have gotten?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 11:36 AM

3,336 posts, read 12,640,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamcim72 View Post
I am looking to book a carnival cruise out of Florida (1st choice Pt Canaveral)this late June early July for family w/ 2 young children.

The going rates now are about $3600 for one oceanview cabin...if I wait longer will rates drop even though it's their high season?

In the past we've gone w/o kids during off times for super low prices and this is a little sticker shock.

What are some comparable rates others have gotten?
I would think that cruise will probably be booked full due to the time of year your sailing. I don't think rates will drop. Perhaps check with some local travel agents and see if they offer some type of price protection policy. We always cruise during November and the rates are rock bottom. We always get an oceanview with balcony, midship on a dead floor and we usually pay $2000 or less for two. You may want to look into Royal Caribbean. They are great when it comes to cruising with young children. Plenty of things for them to do on board and they also have a great sitting service. My wifes brother often cruises with us with his two young children on Royal Caribbean and he has nothing but praise for the line. Good luck to you.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:59 PM

6,853 posts, read 19,798,882 times
You may want to ask the same question on cruisemates.com or cruisecritic.com.

Usually if you book about a year out you get the best deal then the prices increase. The closer the ship gets to full occupancy the higher the prices. Sometimes about 2 months out you can find deals from the cruiselines themselves on those cruises that are not full. If you book today and the prices fall on your cabin category I believe you can call the cruiseline and get the cheaper rate (I would ask the cruiseline though about this) if you find them. So you need to check often.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:37 PM

39,528 posts, read 47,687,050 times
At peak cruising times, especially the summer, you pay peak prices. Off season, especially when kids are back in school, are the lower price times.
But, during the off season lower price times you may run into bad weather conditions, like hurricanes for example.
A travel agent is best to help you figure out the good and not so good times to cruise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or