U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 03:11 PM

39,558 posts, read 2,987,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Didn't want to clog the board

So we are hoping to go in January. We were hoping have up to December to pay for the cruise but looks like September.

So thinking of a summer honeymoon cruise.

Wife is against Alaska I think it be romantic. Wants to do something tropical (Hawaii, Greece, Barcelona, Caribbean)

Any idea's for locations?

Princess vs. Norwegian which would you recommend?

Is Princess all inclusive?

Thanks a bunch for the feedback
Food in the main dinging rooms & buffets are included, but alcohol & I think some sodas might be extra. You can buy beverage packages. Entertainment is included.
If you want alcohol included, check out Viking, we did a river cruise in Europe a few years ago & wine was included with meals. I far prefer a river cruise to an Ocean one.

Check the websites for what is included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 08:53 AM

15,071 posts, read 19,013,423 times
I'm going to STRONGLY recommend that you find a good travel agent to help you sort this out and find the perfect cruise for you and your wife. NOT an online big travel agency - experienced cruisers can go that route if they choose, but it's not a good thing for a newbie. And DO NOT book through the cruise line - you are unlikely to get the best pricing/deal/perks. You certainly won't get the best advice since they are selling THEIR product and are unfamiliar with the other choices.

There are so many choices for cruising (it's more complicated than buying a car, IMO). Different parts if the world. Different itineraries within that part of the world. Different seasons and weather patterns. Different atmosphere and amenities on specific ships. Different age groups. Cruise lines that cater to family and kids, don't allow children, cater to older couples, cater to young partiers, etc etc etc. Different cabins. Different all inclusive packages. Different budgets. Different food and restaurant choices. Different clothing rules, smoking rules.

See what I mean? Sometimes it's best and smart to ask for advice ESPECIALLY when somebody else (the cruise line) is paying for it.

Shoot me a DM if you need a referral. Several people on here would recommend the same agent because she's very good at her job.

Old 06-08-2018, 07:26 AM

3,416 posts, read 3,223,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Didn't want to clog the board

So we are hoping to go in January. We were hoping have up to December to pay for the cruise but looks like September.

So thinking of a summer honeymoon cruise.

Wife is against Alaska I think it be romantic. Wants to do something tropical (Hawaii, Greece, Barcelona, Caribbean)

Any idea's for locations?

Princess vs. Norwegian which would you recommend?

Is Princess all inclusive?

Thanks a bunch for the feedback
If you are trying to save money, a summer cruise will be the most expensive. My in laws regularly cruise every year and they always go in mid September/October. They don't cruise to the caribbean so have never needed to worry about hurricanes. They have found fantastic deals on re-positioning cruises from Barcelona. They also did a cruise a couple of years ago that did San Francisco and a couple of other stops along the west coast. They've done Hawaii and multiple places through Europe and Asia. My MIL uses the crucon.com website to find her deals. She doesn't use a travel agent. We've used that site once to book a cruise as well. We have cruised quite a bit and have a little bit of status on one of the lines. They send us deals quite often. We have two cruises booked (one over the 4th) and one at Christmas. We are staying in our 1st suite on the one in July. All in it's cheaper than 4 days at the beach and that includes airfare for 4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or