U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 07:28 AM

13,104 posts, read 24,877,263 times

Advertisements

Well daughter and I are doing a transatlantic in April on Norwegian Jade. I booked when it first hit web site and paid $999 pp for a balcony room, considering we will be on the ship for 14 days, five of them on the sea, I wanted some space. The perks are the unlimited adult beverage package , free wifi, I normally don't pay an upcharge for the specialty dining as the free food is just fine, I'm not a foodie.

We had done a Baltic cruise in August, three of us and I won my rather low bid to a two bedroom suite in The Haven. While The Haven is wonderful I would never pay the advertised price for one.

I have my tours in Azores, Portugal and Spain booked.

Not sure about where or what in Cannes so if anyone has suggestions they are most welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 12:00 PM

15,061 posts, read 18,990,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Well daughter and I are doing a transatlantic in April on Norwegian Jade. I booked when it first hit web site and paid $999 pp for a balcony room, considering we will be on the ship for 14 days, five of them on the sea, I wanted some space. The perks are the unlimited adult beverage package , free wifi, I normally don't pay an upcharge for the specialty dining as the free food is just fine, I'm not a foodie.

That's a VERY unusual perk to get on a transatlantic! I'm a bit jealous - especially since it's going to thos ports.

Old 01-20-2019, 01:12 PM

4,321 posts, read 8,260,329 times
Quote:

We had done a Baltic cruise in August, three of us and I won my rather low bid to a two bedroom suite in The Haven. While The Haven is wonderful I would never pay the advertised price for one.

I have my tours in Azores, Portugal and Spain booked.

Not sure about where or what in Cannes so if anyone has suggestions they are most welcome.
Just be aware on the free drink package they still add a charge depending on the length of cruise for this. We were on a 15 day Panama cruise on ncl. Although we didn't get the drink package, (we chose 100 per port discount), we talked to others that did get it and it was 240.00

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Just be aware on the free drink package they still add a charge depending on the length of cruise for this. We were on a 15 day Panama cruise on ncl. Although we didn't get the drink package, (we chose 100 per port discount), we talked to others that did get it and it was 240.00
Yes I am aware of this, it's the gratuity. If you paid drink by drink they still add 20% to the tab as a gratuity.
For a 15 day cruise I would spend much more then $240 for drinks if I paid by drink.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:22 AM

71,926 posts, read 83,566,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Very true, but remember the charge you are referring to is gratuities or service charge. Call it what you want, but it is still something you would pay one way or the other.

Old 01-21-2019, 05:32 PM

11,043 posts, read 3,982,486 times
Quote:
Yes I am aware of this, it's the gratuity. If you paid drink by drink they still add 20% to the tab as a gratuity.
For a 15 day cruise I would spend much more then $240 for drinks if I paid by drink.
We also took the free drink package and I think it's totally worth it! I'm not a huge drinker, but just a few drinks a day can add up quickly. We leave in 16 days! SO EXCITED since the high today in my town was 7F! I'm looking forward to some warmer weather!

Old 01-21-2019, 05:38 PM

We haven't heard about our upgrade bid yet, but they did say that we could get upgraded up to two days before. I guess it just depends if they still have available rooms. We also didn't bid very high to upgrade so if we don't get it, it's no big deal.

Old 01-22-2019, 05:11 AM

71,926 posts, read 83,566,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
We also took the free drink package and I think it's totally worth it! I'm not a huge drinker, but just a few drinks a day can add up quickly. We leave in 16 days! SO EXCITED since the high today in my town was 7F! I'm looking forward to some warmer weather!
we leave in 16 days as well. As for the drink package, yes, we had to pay the service charge up front but, like you, we are happy to do this. We are not over the top drinkers, we do love our wine, Hubby his scotch and we love a drink or two after breakfast or in the afternoon, as well as one while listening to music after dinner. 5 or so drinks a day would break the bank if they were not included in a package.

As for the upgrade, you are waiting just like we are. We have bid on two other occasions and not gotten upgraded. I don't expect to this time, but it would be nice.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
We haven't heard about our upgrade bid yet, but they did say that we could get upgraded up to two days before. I guess it just depends if they still have available rooms. We also didn't bid very high to upgrade so if we don't get it, it's no big deal.
Good luck on your upgrade let us know

Old 01-27-2019, 10:57 AM

10 days till our cruise and we just heard a few days ago that I won my bid on a balcony room! I can't believe it as I didn't bid very high for it. SO EXCITED!

One question as I'm getting conflicting answers. We have the Ultimate drink package, but it does not include bottled water. I saw on NCL's website that you can bring sealed bottled water onboard, but others here are saying no? Can we or can't we? Also, does anyone know how limiting the drink package is? Besides what you can and can't have and limit of $15 per drink, is there anything else I should know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises