U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 11:38 PM

15,094 posts, read 19,047,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Both St. Maarteen and San Juan got hit hard this past year with Hurricanes and were destroyed. Not sure if I'd want to cruise there. Might want to speak with RC about that!

Besides that.....RC is fabulous! Don't listen to Dd714!
Update: St Maarten and San Juan were badly damaged by hurricanes this year. Both are open for business. NEITHER were "destroyed".

RC is "fabulous" for some types of travelers. They are TERRIFIC with family groups that include children. But, as an older adult with no kids, RC would be one of my LAST choices for a cruise.

Different strokes. . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2019, 02:23 PM

5,270 posts, read 3,030,249 times
Some years since we went to St Maarten. Back then the gambling was on the Dutch side and the nude beach was on the French side. Don't know if that still applies.

Bought a t-shirt for our grown daughter who was not with us. At home we read the label and it was made in Clearwater Florida.

We like cruising because each island is different. Barbados used to be British, Martinique was French, the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico were Spanish. The US Virgin Islands were Danish until 1917.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:35 AM

1,118 posts, read 3,240,522 times
Going to St. Marteen next week. Intending to get off ship and get a cab to a nice beach. The cab will come back for us as designated time (I hope).

Old 01-24-2019, 09:44 AM

12,327 posts, read 18,433,096 times
Quote:

Besides that.....RC is fabulous! Don't listen to Dd714!
HAHA, too late, the OP already read my first thread, obviously listened, and thanked me for my advice in post number 6 (and I don't think I said anything against RC in particular so that was kind of strange of you).
You should be more tolerant of different views.

Old 01-25-2019, 02:19 PM

11,043 posts, read 4,002,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
HAHA, too late, the OP already read my first thread, obviously listened, and thanked me for my advice in post number 6 (and I don't think I said anything against RC in particular so that was kind of strange of you).
You should be more tolerant of different views.
Agreed that your post #6 was useful; however, your post #15 basically just stated how you hate Caribbean cruises in general which is not what this thread is about and not what the OP asked for. Op asked about RC, not if one likes Caribbean cruises.

Old 01-25-2019, 02:26 PM

21,364 posts, read 21,922,845 times
Quote:
Agreed that your post #6 was useful; however, your post #15 basically just stated how you hate Caribbean cruises in general which is not what this thread is about and not what the OP asked for. Op asked about RC, not if one likes Caribbean cruises.
yes, this was spot on for that one

Old 01-25-2019, 06:40 PM

72,064 posts, read 83,719,346 times
Quote:
thanks for pointing that out. Some people just enjoy creating debates by posting negative comments or posting comments not really related to the topic.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:41 AM

12,327 posts, read 18,433,096 times
Quote:
And this thread is about debating what is in topic or not? You see the irony?

We are entering the realm of the absurd and silly here. But that's OK - my post in #15 was in response to post #13 which in turn was a response to post #9 which once again lead to #6. Hey sometimes threads spin off, you follow the direction the thread leads to, as long as it's in topic or at least remotely related - i.e. carribean cruises and not the price of tea in China.

Let's face it, you guys are complaining because you disagree with something you passionately like, not because you don't think it fits the topic. Once again - accept alternative viewpoints. However, you have the option to request the moderator remove my post #15 - I believe that's the proper course of action. Out of respect for the OP, don't bring this thread further off topic by silly arguments about what is in topic or not.

Old Today, 07:13 PM

13,053 posts, read 15,412,261 times
I was on RC (older ship) once and Norwegian once (brand new ship). We did the excursions the first time but not the second time. We just stayed on the ship and enjoyed the quiet. We are going on another new ship, the Encore, in January. Itís still being built. We donít plan to get off the ship. We had an aft balcony on our last cruise and are getting another aft balcony on the Encore. Definitely worth the extra money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or