U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-03-2019, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,954 posts, read 83,597,281 times
Reputation: 41751

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
See thread #12.
and I have cruised over 40 times on most mass marketed lines plus a few lines that no longer exist. Never have we waited near 1/2 day. We have waited a few hours on rare occasions, mostly when we arrive very late morning. Or when the ship has not been cleared in time for some reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-03-2019, 04:57 PM
 
12,282 posts, read 18,401,528 times
Reputation: 19102
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and I have cruised over 40 times on most mass marketed lines plus a few lines that no longer exist. Never have we waited near 1/2 day. We have waited a few hours on rare occasions, mostly when we arrive very late morning. Or when the ship has not been cleared in time for some reason.
That's nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2019, 03:08 PM
 
10,171 posts, read 7,077,685 times
Reputation: 23942
This is what happened when we did the carnival magic. We decided to chill in the town and board a bit later, knowing that later is usually easier and because things are running late. We ended up spending hours more in the cattle room. We finally got on close to 5pm. No food. Everything was closed. Went to the muster drill but we couldn't get to our station because of a disability issue. It was a terrible start to a "meh" cruise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2019, 09:57 AM
 
Location: Saint John, IN
11,043 posts, read 3,987,012 times
Reputation: 13557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
WTH are you talking about? We don't have priority boarding on ANY cruise line and book the cheap cabins. In 25+ cruises we've waited 1.5 hours maybe twice, 30 minutes or less most of the time, and immediate walk on (No waiting) several times (including Ft Lauderdale and Miami terminals.)

I wish the lines at the airport were so short.
I agree! I have taken about 15 cruises and never have had to wait longer than an hour to get on or off the ship. All have been large passenger cruise ships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2019, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,954 posts, read 83,597,281 times
Reputation: 41751
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
I agree! I have taken about 15 cruises and never have had to wait longer than an hour to get on or off the ship. All have been large passenger cruise ships.
There are people who judge, by one experience. They usually do not realize some issues can slow the process down. But generally boarding is like you say; relatively quick. of course you don't just show you passport and then walk onto the ship. But like JK, I would rather wait for boarding the ship than how long the process can take at an airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2019, 06:24 PM
 
7,959 posts, read 9,705,072 times
Reputation: 14009
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
of course you don't just show you passport and then walk onto the ship. .
You absolutely do on the small (luxury) ships. It's all I will sail. Waiting in lines is not my idea o a vacation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2019, 10:42 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,954 posts, read 83,597,281 times
Reputation: 41751
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
You absolutely do on the small (luxury) ships. It's all I will sail. Waiting in lines is not my idea o a vacation.
I think the majority who are positing or asking questions on this particular board are thinking mass marketed lines, not the smaller, luxury lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2019, 03:21 AM
 
Location: Cedar City, Utah
4,322 posts, read 8,261,713 times
Reputation: 1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
WTH are you talking about? We don't have priority boarding on ANY cruise line and book the cheap cabins. In 25+ cruises we've waited 1.5 hours maybe twice, 30 minutes or less most of the time, and immediate walk on (No waiting) several times (including Ft Lauderdale and Miami terminals.)

I wish the lines at the airport were so short.
I have never waited long to board either...Carnival has been really good and so has NCL. YOu move through quickly. Now getting off the ship is another story. Long lines. I am sure there was a good reason Carnival Magic took so long
__________________
Moderator - Tulsa

When in doubt read the TOS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top