Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2008, 11:32 AM

16 posts, read 80,752 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are going on our first cruise in a couple of weeks and we can't wait. We'll be on a 5 day/4 night Royal Caribbean cruise ship. Anyone had any recent good/bad experiences? Or any tips to getting the most out of our first cruise? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 06:52 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,336,849 times
We took our first cruise last summer and it was on Royal Caribbean. We did the 7 night cruise from Philly to Bermuda. Over all, it was good. We met a couple at our table who have become good friends. Another couple at our table had met on a singles cruise and are now getting married. We stay in touch. I find that amazing as my husband and I aren't what I consider social, so if you are not going with friends or family, you will probably meet other couples that have common interests with you.

The upside is that the cruise experience is very relaxing. The person assigned to your cabin will be very helpful. Let him/her know what you need. We ate a number of times at the buffet and the captain there was also very helpful.

If you are not drinkers, be careful. When you go on deck to get something to eat as the ship leaves port, dining room crew membes will be handing out drinks. They are not free. Also, before you start eating, check out all of the dining rooms.

There appeared to be more food at the beginning of the trip than at the end. This is something that you don't think about. Also, the stores are not open until you reach International waters.

Where are you going?

Old 04-27-2008, 07:16 PM
pfw

186 posts, read 848,888 times
Have you checked out the cruise critic website? It's Cruise Critic - Cruises, Cruise Ship Reviews, Ratings, Cruise Deals, Cruise Forums, you can check out the boards and join the rollcall. On the roll call you will be able to "meet" other passengers on your sailing. You can also find out almost everything you've ever wanted to know about your sailing/boat/itinerary, etc.

Take the stairs instead of elevator to help keep the weight off from all the food you eat. Have a fantastic time!!

Old 05-23-2008, 08:40 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,906,106 times
We're regular readers/posters on Cruise Critic as well. In fact, the cruise lines even monitor that BB to keep a pulse on the cruise chatter.

I can't talk about RCCL as we are loyal to the Carnival brand. Someday we'll try the other lines, but CCL has been good to us for the first four cruises we've taken.

Hope you have a great time on your cruise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises